SR20 Forum banner

k20 in a SR car?

15K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Luiscuco 
#1 ·
I hope I don't get banned for posting this =P

Anyone ever see a k20 swap in our SR cars? Is it even possible? I mean besides having money in the bank of course, but like realistically speaking?

#4 ·
I love NX's... Mine was totaled and I look to buy another one if I don't get a newer model like a zx or a Z..

I figure the power gains will be better than a SR all day long and I still get to drive the car I love, meanwhile not have to worry about my car being a prime target of theft, as well as less suspicion from cops by driving a NX =)

#38 ·
I love NX's... Mine was totaled and I look to buy another one if I don't get a newer model like a zx or a Z..

I figure the power gains will be better than a SR all day long and I still get to drive the car I love, meanwhile not have to worry about my car being a prime target of theft, as well as less suspicion from cops by driving a NX =)
werd, b'cause no ones gonna find out, and not steal it :rolleyes:
What happens when you get pulled over and you have a Honda motor inna ur kar, you'll look even more suspicious :rolleyes:
I don't want to go with a Honda because of my previous reasons..

I'm not in the nicest area and theres tons of hondas out here and I don't want to have the risk of my car being stolen, also insurance tends to be more with hondas as they are a theft magnet, and I love my T-Tops =)

I would have the money to do the project, but as long as it wasn't gonna cost me a sh*t load in fabrication and just not a money project.. If I make an sense =P

Besides from searching k20 > Sr20 + t25 according to the posts...
werd, so you're not in the nicest neighborhood, but you wanna spend thousands of dollars on a k20 swap. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Puttin' a k20 in a Eg, integra cost around $5000, you will spend double
Motor mounts & Transmission mounts + custom wire harness + custom header +axles + shift linkage + ECU + MORE, all that for a N/A 2.0 and still only doing 15's at the track :rolleyes:

If you want a Removeable top, get a bumbaclot Honda Del Sol and swap a k20 inna dey.
:squint:

#5 ·
Linking my threads not only wastes space, provides useless information, and is no worse than "Not searching." The only thread that I found that was of some use to me was;

http://www.sr20forum.com/200sx-se-r/175349-i-know-*bad*-question-ask.html

So unless you can link me to a thread with more information, please don't come in here saying "dude, you need to start searching" Thanks.

#6 ·
Of course its possible. I know of a few hondas with sr swaps. Honestly I dont see the point but hey, to each his own you know.

#7 · (Edited)
im actualy in the process of putting a b14 sr block with a highport head and b13 cams in a 90 crx. it is a hush hush thing where im from just so i can beat up on a couple vtec integras and they dont know whats beating them.lol i just need a trans, new clutch, axles and a header. but i think i have a header in the rafters in the garage.

#9 · (Edited)
If you wanna do a K20 just get an EG hatch. Lighter than an NX2000 with a lot more suspension mods to play with. All the hard work and research has already been done for you. Gotta keep in mind that a K20 w/ tranny will be somewhere around $5000. Do you have money to blow on a project like that? You're gonna end up with an NX2000 that probably costs more than my Evo that still wouldn't compare in peformance. Just get another NX2000, slap a turbo on there, and go beat some ass. That or go SR20VE if you wanna be a VTAK wannabe. It'll still come out way way way cheaper than trying to swap a K20 into a B13 chassis.

#11 ·
Why are you talking about hondas on a nissan forum and to disrespect Nissan by putting a honda engine in there, just buy a honda and join a honda forum.

#15 ·
i saw a 240sx one time with a taurus sh0 motor swapped into it, it was pretty crazy.

#24 · (Edited)

I'm not in the nicest area and theres tons of hondas out here and I don't want to have the risk of my car being stolen, also insurance tends to be more with hondas as they are a theft magnet, and I love my T-Tops =)

I would have the money to do the project, but as long as it wasn't gonna cost me a **** load in fabrication and just not a money project.. If I make an sense =P

Besides from searching k20 > Sr20 + t25 according to the posts...

#25 ·

I would have the money to do the project, but as long as it wasn't gonna cost me a sh*t load in fabrication and just not a money project.. If I make an sense =P
Are you serious about doing this or just questioning it? The fabrication + engine will cost a good amount more than an NX2000 could even be worth. I still say do SR20VE or SR20DET if you wanna be fast or just SR20DE with I/H/E and other little tidbits if you wanna mess with the average streetracers. This would probably cost over $15k so I would suggest buying something newer if your heart is set on wasting that much money.

#26 · (Edited)
Well its either

350z = 20k and 10k for twin turbo + labor

Or its my Fav. FWD car with a crazy build.. I'm still debating

Of course the 350 will be faster but which will be more fun? I'm just seeing if its even possible.. Like I was trying to hint at I don't want like 5000+ In fabrication... I want something fairly simple that I can do in my back yard.

#27 · (Edited)
Well it's your money but I'm just trying to impart a little wisdom. :D

Go beat on someones 350Z and see which one gives you more smiles per mile. I sorta went through this with my old SE-R. I had a T25 kit off of an Avenir ready to go on the car but, sometimes I would break traction in top of first and in second gear just mashing it. The short gearing and torque of the turbo on a FWD just didn't make sense to me anymore. Then I drove a buddies Evo a few times and liked the idea of planting my foot and having traction and not to mention being able to do nice little drifts when I felt like. Ended up selling my turbo kit, parting out 200SX, and buying an Evo. I don't regret buying the Evo at all but do regret selling the SE-R.

#30 ·
Thats why I was debating on putting a k20 in because its a GREAT NA motor according to all the people, and I'm still driving a FWD car, as well as my NX =) And I already am really intune with the cars handling so yea..

I dunno lots to think about.. Straight line driving got boring

#35 ·
Yeah, If I go DET though its gonna be a t28 setup for 300 whp gains..

According to this tid bit of information I've managed to gather.. I can push 240+ whp out of a k20a N/A
I'd like to point out the lack of torque in the K20 though. I drove a EG Civic CX hatch with K20 putting out somewhere around 200whp/150wtq. It was fun but didn't give you a torquey kick in the ass. That aside I'm still doing a K20 hatch sometime but will definitely be a light Honda hatch like the EG.

#36 ·
Yeah I noticed

K20A
Found in:
2001-2005 Honda Civic Type-R (EP3)
Displacement: 1998 cc
Compression: 11.5:1
Power: 212 hp (215 PS, 158 kW) @ 8000 rpm
Torque: 149 ft·lbf (202 N·m) @ 7000 rpm

Redline: 8400 rpm
2001-2006 Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)
Power: 217 hp (220 PS, 162 kW) @ 8000 rpm
Torque: 152 ft·lbf (206 N·m) @ 7000 rpm

Redline: 8500 rpm
2002-2006 Honda Accord Euro-R
Power: 217 hp (220 PS, 162 kW) @ 8000 rpm
Torque: 152 ft·lbf (206 N·m) @ 7000 rpm

Redline: 8500 rpm

#41 ·
Seems to me this thread has gotten out of hand a litte bit. I think he was simply asking if it was possible to swap in a honda motor in a nissan. Why do you some of you insist on treating him like a moron? Who cares what people do with their own money and time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.