SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nitsu/NA/freak
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is amazing, MazworX should take some notes Heh , New Record of 7.11 @ 191 MPH , Way them RB man them?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQyFWQ8lvuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

Embedders embed pls

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
nice

I'm confused. I thought most people that made serious drag cars skipped vvl/vtec and just stuck with fat cams considering that they only go in a straight line and really only operate at high rpms. VVL/vtec was meant for driveability not really full out racing. This is just what I've heard, I also think they were talking about fwd drag racing too. It kinda makes sense to me, if you're working on that high end of a motor you want it to be as simple as possible, a lot of them get rebuilt every few runs and the less crap there is the less that can go wrong.

What kind of cams is he running? My guess is custom.

·
VVL Lover!
117 Posts
This car is amazing, MazworX should take some notes Heh , New Record of 7.11 @ 191 MPH , Way them RB man them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyFWQ8lvuU

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQyFWQ8lvuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

Embedders embed pls
From PR to the world!!! a 7sec car with a 4 cylinder nissan engine, Where's HONDA NOW???...looooooollllll!!.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is awesome. the venerable LB110 (Datsun 1200) is one of the coolest Nissan platforms and this shows how much fun you can have with one.

Good job.

I imagine that the reason to use the VE is about getting the ports that it takes to make 900 HP more than the need for the low/high cam. (Used wallace performance calculators to estimate HP)

·
Old Kid driving....
722 Posts
nice

I'm confused. I thought most people that made serious drag cars skipped vvl/vtec and just stuck with fat cams considering that they only go in a straight line and really only operate at high rpms. VVL/vtec was meant for driveability not really full out racing. This is just what I've heard, I also think they were talking about fwd drag racing too. It kinda makes sense to me, if you're working on that high end of a motor you want it to be as simple as possible, a lot of them get rebuilt every few runs and the less crap there is the less that can go wrong.

What kind of cams is he running? My guess is custom.
Yeah, wondering what cams he ran & his setup.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
someone post this on as many honda forums as poss lol this is awesome sr20 power ftw

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
The guys in PR are insane. As far as non-domestic engines go, these guys have the fastest cars I've ever seen.

·
VVL Lover!
117 Posts
The guys in PR are insane. As far as non-domestic engines go, these guys have the fastest cars I've ever seen.
YES INDEED! i don't know if its tradition we in PR love to race even some women. Who have seen a Mitsubishi Mirage 1997 to 2001 with a 1.8L SOHC (stroked to 2.0L) running 12sec allmotor in the states?? here we have lots of them.

Its just passion to build. In the streets you can see this teenagers with a suzuki swift 3cylinder engine with this race look even looking you like "LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!"...lol its just passion.

·
SR20's since '97
1,630 Posts
Theres many 7 Sec 4 cylinders from PR and the USA

Chivi King ( PR ) Toyota 3SGTE

Brent Rau DSM

Whats more impressive is the FWD Sport FWD Street class.
Hondas hitting 170+ MPH is basically street cars.

Either or that VVL is fast and great VVL Representation!!! The motor has tons of potential... I wish they made a newer version like the K20
instead the crappy SPEC V motor... What a terd. K's are makin 1000+ now. I hope the SE-R name gets reborn in a sick car :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts