SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a remote i bought off ebay. I put the key in and out 6 time and the lights flashed then i put the key in ACC position. I pressed the lock button on the remote and the lights flashed again. I took key out and the remote does not work. What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
377 Posts
what difference would there be whether you're inside or outside your car? TheSpy007, not to insult your intelligence, but have you checked the batteries to make sure they are good and in correctly? In the steps you listed, I don't believe the programming instructions require you to turn the key to the ACC position after the car enters learn mode (corner lights flash). Try programming again without turning the key to ACC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i figured out the problem. On the step where you open the door and leave the key in then take it out was the problem. My car was missing the drivers side door sensor so the car thought the door was still closed when it was really open preventing it from working. I got a new sensor and it works find now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts