SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time poster here, long story short a good friend of mine gave me his 96 Nissan SE-R its 100% stock with 167K on the odometer. when i got it it had been sitting for a couple months and had a broken clutch release lever. i replaced the lever and the clutch assembly and started driving it. i plugged in a scan tool after a few days and i had a P0325 Knock sensor hi or low voltage. i checked the resistance of the sensor it was around 1000 ohms and spec is 500-600 ohms. my question is, this sensor is $170-200 and considering i got the car for free thats more than i want to spend on it. is there a cheaper source of a knock sensor or is there a way i can trick the ECU into thinking there is a knock sensor there. trying to get the car smoged and the code is keeping the monitors from running.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Do you have one for a '95 200sx se-r?
Yes, click on the link above and look at the chart. Nissan uses the same knock sensor on many models.

EDIT: I don't have anything. That ebay ad isn't mine, but I purchased one from ebay, probably the same seller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah $60 for shipping is a little steep for something that weighs less than a pound, also that is not the style of sensor i have, i have the round one wire that is just above the passenger side axle support that bolts on the engine block. I also found a temporary solution for now to get the monitors to set, used a variable resistor dialed it for 550 ohms disconnected the sensor and connected it to the resistor and grounded it to the block. ill reconnect the sensor after the monitors set for my smog check.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Glad you found a solution.

BTW, The ebay one is only $2.95, that's why the shipping is expensive. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts