SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my nx and i love the car but i noticed that whenever im accelerating, and then i hit the brakes to start slowing down, theres a single knock that i hear coming from the front of the car....could it be my tranny mounts...does it have to do with my brakes?? If anyone knows then i would appreciate any info you got....thanks in advance.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded
Stock (for now)

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
do you feel any pulsing in your brake petal when the knocking is happening ?

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Does it sound like it comes from the left front wheel area? Is it kind of a "CLUNK"?

Mine had done that in the past for quite a while (2 years?), then stopped for 3-4 years, and has just recently come back. The most recent thing I have done is changed front brake pads. It *MAY* have something to do with the brake pad shims not being lined up quite right...

Just my .02

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
I just bought my nx and i love the car but i noticed that whenever im accelerating, and then i hit the brakes to start slowing down, theres a single knock that i hear coming from the front of the car....could it be my tranny mounts...does it have to do with my brakes?? If anyone knows then i would appreciate any info you got....thanks in advance.

</font>
sounds like the ball joints

·
Registered
113 Posts
My SE-R has the same clunk when braking. I know for a fact that my pass side sway bar end link is junk. The little ball joint in it has popped out. The parts guy at Salem Nissan says it is a common item to replace, they even stock the part. I'll replace it and see if the noise goes away. Besides that, check your steering rack boots. If they are split open then would that mean damage to the steering rack?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to answer those questions, no the brake pedal doesn't pulsate when i brake and yes its coming from the front left of the car...only happens for an instant when i brake, it noise seems like its from the shifting of the weight of the car when braking....what do u think it is?? thanks for your info thus far..

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded
Stock (for now)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts