SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,
There was some mixed posts on this problem already. Can someone give me a definate answer?
When exiting my driveway, I hear something like a broom, or a stick hitting my car. The sound is from the front right.It is only aparent while amongst slow left turns, and a hard turn of the steering wheel.
That is it thanks.
jere

·
Registered
647 Posts
sounds like the cv joint to me...but i'm no expert

·
Learn to swim
1,043 Posts

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
Actually it sounds like one of the front sway bar end-links bushings has failed (or washers for the bushing). This will cause a knock when going over speed bumps, out of driveways, and when the body weight shifts causing the knock you describe.

Check your end-links and see if either side is damaged

-Monty

·
Registered
805 Posts
how long can a bad CV run? sorry to hijack the thread...

·
Learn to swim
1,043 Posts
nak1 said:
how long can a bad CV run? sorry to hijack the thread...
I guess that some could last a while, but mine only last me long enough to get to the store and buy a new axle. It's an easy job to do, and the cost is nothing compared to the damage a broken axle could cause at a decent speed...Josh

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was the sway's bolt. I missed it when I jacked it up because it tighted up. On the ground I could spin it by hand.
Thanks Monty, you had it.

Thanks,everyone for the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.