SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just put a jgy 6 puck in my car on monday, and the other day i noticed a werid knocking sounds coming from the bell housing. But it gose away as soon as i push in the clutch, and if i let it up really slowly it dosent make it at first, then it comes back(this is all with the car in neutral). I assumed it was the throw out bearing. So i pulled the tranny off, and changed the bearing. The one that was in there didnt seem to be bad, but i went ahead and put another one i had laying around in. Then i took the pressure plate and clutch off, but everything looked to be ok. Then i put it all back tgether, and it is still making the noise. Awhile ago i did forget to put that metal plate that goes in between the tranny and block in, could that have affected this at all? I have no clue what would be moving around in there that would cause this sound. Does anybody have any ideas?!!!!!!

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
that most definitely is the throw out bearing.

sounds like a rock tumbler right? Goes away when clutch pedal is depressed?

TO bearing. it may or may not go out on you now or 2 years later. mine lasted for just about 2 years with that sound. but understand it can go out at any time without any other warning.

·
Formerly 93veilside240sx
844 Posts
BigB said:
TO bearing. it may or may not go out on you now or 2 years later. mine lasted for just about 2 years with that sound. but understand it can go out at any time without any other warning.
Mine went out when I was trying to make it home in time to catch the super bowl a few yrs ago. :( It started making that noise about 15 mins before it called it quits, so I'd recommend replacing it soon.

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but i already changed my to bearing!!! i am wondering if the shaft that it rides on is messed up?

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
doesn't matter how many times you change it if it is not aligned properly on the shaft. and a heavier duty cluthc will only aggravate the issue

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so how can i fix this? i didnt know that it could not be aligned right. i just put the clips on it and snapped it in

·
born 4 boost live 4 ve
1,288 Posts
i got the 6 puck also and my tranny makes the same noise. but some times i don't even hear it and sometimes it's louder than regular.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
All of mine i cleaned rigorously with brake cleaner then i worked in wheel bearing grease for like 4 min. Not a noise

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i put a little white lithuim grease on the inside of it and the place it rides on, was there anywhere else i was saposed to put some?

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
White lithium grease breaks up when hot iirc. Lube it with some wheel bearing grease work it in on all the bearings. Spin it with your hand before you put it in you should hear no noise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
SentraStyles said:
I have the same problem and have changed everything, I am now running a ACT HD/street and I have to change the T/O bearing every 6 to 8 months

I know nobody has posted on this in awhile... but i was reading you change your T/O bearing that often.. that is ALOT of work for one little peice to be changed that often!

·
Registered
51 Posts
that sounds exactly like what happened to my six puck...but it wasnt my TO bearing like i thought it was actually the clutch it self making that noise....then one day it wouldnt engage and when my mechanic took it apart the splines that hold the clutch onto the input shaft had worn out so badly that it was practically a circle...so get it check make sure is your TO because if not it could be that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.