SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Koni inserts, shortened strut bodies, and Hyperco Gen2 springs

Just wanted to post an update on my progress on my suspension which consists of Koni Red inserts and Monroe Sensa-Trac strut bodies, modified to shorten the struts by 1", and Hyperco Generation 2 springs. I should have is complete by the end of the month, but I posted an update on my site, here!

·
Just LTrain Again..
1,147 Posts
johnand said:
Just wanted to post an update on my progress on my suspension which consists of Koni Red inserts and Monroe Sensa-Trac strut bodies, modified to shorten the struts by 1", and Hyperco Generation 2 springs. I should have is complete by the end of the month, but I posted an update on my site, here!
Wow great job! That site is great and very well documented! I can;t wait to see when you update the rest of it.

-Linus

·
Registered
504 Posts
johnand said:
Are the Monroe Sensa-Trac strut bodies 2" in diameter?

FYI, some of the tech links are not working (CAI and south). Nice site otherwise, though! Thanks!

Andy

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Nice site. Why can't you use the stock strut housings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice site but I was wondering if you still had the stock suspension. See i just bought a 92 Sentra SE-R and the suspension is shot. If yes are you willing to sell it and for how much??

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words.

The site is stilly highly a work in progress :) The SE-R throttle body link works now. The rest of the links will be up shortly after I finish writing the pages.

From what I understand from Mike of Motivational, is the stock housings aren't thick enough for the inserts, but just about any aftermarket strut is, and will work. He personally uses NEW Monroe Sensa trac struts, as housings for his shortened struts.

No, I don't have the stock struts, as I tossed them years ago when I got the Monroe's. The only suspension items I left over are the coils, and they are softer rate than your coils, as these are off my SE. Plus, I have all the old strut hardware, but that is all shot (180K miles on it), so that won't do you any good, sorry :(

Not sure what I am gonna do w/ the other B13 (SE-R) yet, but if I redo the suspension, I'll let you know, as that car only has 70K on the chassis.

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maxQ said:
Are the Monroe Sensa-Trac strut bodies 2" in diameter?

FYI, some of the tech links are not working (CAI and south). Nice site otherwise, though! Thanks!

Andy
Oh, not sure what the diameter is, I'll go measure and get back to you. See my reply above about the links.

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it is finally done. Here are some pics:

You can also follow the link in my original post above to see the complete write-up!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Good stuff dude, how does it handle/ride?

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2xSE-R said:
Good stuff dude, how does it handle/ride?
The handling is amazing! The ride if firm and controlled. The car feels more like a heavy, tight, German car than a Japanese econobox :D

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Koni struts control a B13 unlike any other strut on the market. Highly recommended.

Nice site, John.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
We just need to figure out a diy maxima yellow's install now :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts