SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that if you are looking for drag radials to stay away from the kumhos v700 victoracer because they are freaking heavy. Too heavy. I put them on my stock se-r rim and the damn thing weight 44lbs and my 17"'s weight like 41lbs. Slows your car down in the track. Does anyone know of a good drag radial that is lightweight?

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Dude, the Kumhos are not for drag racing. They're intended for road racing and auto-x. If you want drag radials, get some Nitto 555Rs. Those should be OK. But, if you want a drag only tire, get yourself some classic wheels and mount some 20" X 8" X 14" slicks (like MT or M & H).

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
705 Posts
My Bridgestone RE730's are excellent drag strip tires. They spin a little, and then all of a sudden hook up and you take off liek a motha...course they dont last too long if you drag too much.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't laugh but I'm already calling for pricing a stuff and I think I'm going to get them. Do you guys suggest heat cycling them? Is it really important to heat cycle them properly. I was just thinking when I get them to take a really long drive on the highway then take them off and let them cool down for 2 days. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Danny,
The Nitto 555R are good for street and track, I been driving around with them on my turbo car for weeks, I even went to Tampa nd West Palm with them. They really impressed me and Dre at the races, I have to wear them if not my car roast the tires on the 16's to bits. Ask Doug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts