SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought some front and rear Kyb Agx adjustable gas shocks with ground control coil overs with eibach springs. These are to replace the OEM suspension that has 142k on it. I have a couple of questions.

1) Was this a good buy combination to lower my 91 SE-R about 1-1.5" to prep for autoXing

2) what or how much should i lower my ser inorder to get better traction and less body roll?

3) would you recommend some other package that may be better or last longer.

4) this is my daily driver and i drive 120miles a day four days a week, how long can I look for these shocks and springs to give me a nice comfortable ride?

Thank you very much
-D-

P.S. i finally found a purely nissan site!!!woohoo this is going to be so much help in making my "baby" smoke my wifes wagon.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
GC8 said:
1) Was this a good buy combination to lower my 91 SE-R about 1-1.5" to prep for autoXing
For the price, yes.

2) what or how much should i lower my ser inorder to get better traction and less body roll?
1" or less. Did you trim the bumpstops when you installed this stuff? Bottoming the suspension will hurt your traction more than the lowering the car will help. What spring rates did you get?

3) would you recommend some other package that may be better or last longer.
There was a thread archived. I can't find the archives in the new forum. The next step is twice as expensive.

4) this is my daily driver and i drive 120miles a day four days a week, how long can I look for these shocks and springs to give me a nice comfortable ride?
What spring rate did you get? I've got 70,000 miles on my AGX and they are fine.

Where did the forum archives go??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spring rates

I talked to the guy selling me the springs for my ser and he said that they are

front: 300
rear: 350

are these too stiff inorder to be a descent autoX and daily driven spring rate. can a little more lowering or keeping it higher compensate for the stiffer spring rates?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Might want to swap those: 350 front and 300 rear. Unlike Hondas, Sentras don't need higher rate in the back. I have 350/250 and it is "almost" perfect. Understeers just a touch. I'll probably fix that next year with slightly stiffer springs or bigger rear bar than I currently have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts