SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have been having a hell of a time figuring out the best setting for these shocks. I am using for daily driving 2 and 4, but it still seems kinda bouncy.....if its on 1 its way to boucy. Car handles kinda sloppy too....maybe the tires have to do with that, waiting on the new ones. But for daily use what do you guys recommend? And for autocross?

I noticed when I had my setup as 4 and 6 on the car, my powersteering would lockup more, in manuvers, so I put it to 3, and it didn't do it anymore...that doesn't make sense. Maybe it was a fluke. I plan on using 4 again to see how it does with the new tires and with new PS fluid in 2-3 weeks.... I don't have sway bars, or STB's....maybe thats what I need? And keep the shocks turned a little softer for auto-x and let the sway bar do the work?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
So far for laid back everyday driving I have them at 1 front and 2 rear. Having it on 1 rear felt too loose and bumping it to 2 made the car feel 100 times more solid and substantial. I originally set them to 3 and 6 and then 4 and 8 and did that for a few days, then got sick of the ride and went down to 1 and 2. Then went back up to 3 and 6 for a half a day and got sick of it real fast (especially with my crappy RSA's with 30k on them) and will leave them on 1 and 2 until I grab my Proxes on Thursday.

For autocross I plan to go all out 4 and 8 without a question. I will give a full report after the driver's school this weekend :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the bouncy feeling depends on the springs that you have. I have ST springs with the KYB AGX's. On 2 and 4 the ride is very smooth, not floaty. But I think this has to do with the ST springs being a little softer. As far as 4 and 8 goes, I've also noticed that the steering changes. But after I ran it like that for awhile, I started to like it. Especially when going really fast, it doesn't make the steering feel so light at highway speeds. Also I don't have ST sway bars, I don't have strut bars, yet on 3,6 setting or 4,8 setting the car handles completely neutral. No plowing, no oversteering, just 4 wheel drifting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts