SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many diffrent settings do the AGX's have? What are the diffrent settings? Do they sell new bump-stops that would be shorter? Any help would be appriciated...

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
if i've paid attention enough, i believe the AGX's have 8 settings on the front and 4 in the rear.....

but wait for someone to second that because i have no experience with them except that i wish i had them

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
close..other way around..4 in the front, 8 in the rear. You can get aftermarket bump stops that are shorter.

------------------

Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,ALT 159's, 205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Autometer tach, Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
dang! i had a feeling it might be the other way around

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I always thought that for classic the adjustments are 4 all around only the 200sx has 8 for the rear?

[This message has been edited by SucKit (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
i got agx's... 4 front 8 rear... one and one is stiffer than stock... 3 and 6 makes my car rattle like a childs toy

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
4 in front, 8 in rear. 1 is softest, but still much stiffer than the stock struts.

It adjusts rebound and compression at the same time.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So what does 4-8 give you? Does anyone have the diagram that explains all the settings?</font>
Someone on the mailing list did a shock-dyno comparison between GAB adjustables and AGX shocks. I don't remember who it was but you should be able to find it in the archives. That data really doesn't do much for you practically though, except to show that GABs and AGXs have equivalent performance. The only way to figure out which settings are best for you is to go and drive the car and figure it out for yourself. I personally turn them all the way down for street use, but I have stock springs. For autocrossing I bump it up to 2f/6r usually. When I put my GCs on I'm going to pick settings that adequately controls the spring rates and then never touch it again.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Heres a question, does having your settings higher make the Agx's life shorter?

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> The only way to figure out which settings are best for you is to go and drive the car and figure it out for yourself. I personally turn them all the way down for street use, but I have stock springs. For autocrossing I bump it up to 2f/6r usually. When I put my GCs on I'm going to pick settings that adequately controls the spring rates and then never touch it again.

I second that. I run 2F 2R. 1 and 1 are too soft for the eibachs. I ran 2-3 today and 3 in the rear would make the car tail happy. Imagine 8? 2F 2R are what I like. And yes, I got the KYB bumpstops too and they were well worth it. Nothing like hitting the bumpstops to get a nice thud instead of a "CRASH

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black93:
i got agx's... 4 front 8 rear... one and one is stiffer than stock... 3 and 6 makes my car rattle like a childs toy</font>
So what does 4-8 give you? Does anyone have the diagram that explains all the settings?

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

G

·
i have mine set at 3-6...in the few days ive had them set up like this i have begun hearing rattles and creaks in places that werent do so before...i like it though

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OneMarineOfMany:
i have mine set at 3-6...in the few days ive had them set up like this i have begun hearing rattles and creaks in places that werent do so before...i like it though</font>
Try having the kyb's, gc's and the ES bushings.
My GC's NEVER made any noise.. but the ES bushings would NOT shutup on some cold days.. and I lubed the **** out of the on install.. after a few minutes of driving evrything would be happy =)
same way on my nx now.. when it is cold out!it is either the ES bushings or the AGX's but the car rides stiffer cold then after a bit it drives smoother...
love it just as well =)

david lau

thining of selling his turbo parts to get some c3's...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts