SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..I was wondering if somebody here has a picture or a diagram of how they assembled their rear suspension (B14) when installing your AGX's. I'm currently running GC coilovers with the AGX's but after taking apart and reassembling my rear suspension 3 times I still keep getting this wierd clunking sound. (which I never got with the stock struts) Im thinking that I might have misplaced a washer/bushing or something. So if anybody happens to have a pic or if someone could list the pieces 1 by 1. I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys!

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Did you do the duct tape method or just put the washers that GC sent you between the collar and the strut? If you did do the duct tape method and are still getting clunking, make sure that the top nut on the rear strut is nice and tight...which means it is squishing the sandwich of metal/rubber washers/gc top hat together tightly. If you did not do the duct tape method...there is nothing you can do about the clunking! Also, make sure you have a rubber washer between any two metal objects to prevent them rubbing and clunking.

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
does the clunking happen at the top of a bump? My b13 does that in the right rear and everything is tight (and I only have Eibachs and Tokicos (which suck btw)). Every time I go over a RR track or speed bump in apartment complexes is clunks on the way back down....

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I did the Duct tape method. I don't believe its the coilover sleeve. I almost a 100% sure its something with the way I put everything back together. The nuts/washers and bushings. For some reason I have to put spacers to compress the suspension up top. ( That little nut at the top with the little hourglass shaped bushing. )

------------------
96 200sx Rice Mobile! Bone Stock..he,he,he

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have the same problem also in the right rear...i personally think i flipped upside down one of the metal spacers. Nothing is wrong w/ it but its so freaking annoying... they have pics on www.parts.com they list every component...its like an fsm for parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts