SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local tire/wheel dealer and they did not recommend the agx's due to their high failure rate. They suggested I go with the gr2's instead. Has anyone here had troubles with the agx's? Thanks for the info.

------------------
Happiness is not around the corner, it is the corner!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Other way around. The GR2's are OE replacements and not good for lowering springs. My advice: go find another place to buy them.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
All I have to say is "F" them! Buy the AGXs, do the job right the first time or you will regret it!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
DO AXG.. DO U GUYS ADJUST WITH A SCREWDRIVER OR DOES IT COME WITH THE KNOB ON ALL FOUR SIDES??? I WANT TO KNOW CUZ THEY HAVE THEM FOR 410 SHIPPED ON GROUPBUYCENTER.COM

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
The AGXs for the Classic have only been out for a year or so. What makes this tire shop the authority on the AGX for the B13 Sentra?

Get the AGXs and skip the GR2s. The Tokico HP struts are the ones that have a high failure rate on our cars, which has nothing to do with KYB products.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
DO AXG.. DO U GUYS ADJUST WITH A SCREWDRIVER OR DOES IT COME WITH THE KNOB ON ALL FOUR SIDES??? I WANT TO KNOW CUZ THEY HAVE THEM FOR 410 SHIPPED ON GROUPBUYCENTER.COM</font>
Who man, no need to shout. [CAPS LOCK]

To answer your question, the front AGX's use a small screw driver to adjust and the rears use a turnable dial.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, much appreciated, I will go ahead and get the agx's - and find a new dealer! I've been in this situation before with other products and always regretted not buying what I really wanted the first time around.

------------------
Happiness is not around the corner, it is the corner!

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I may have been one of the first people in the US to get AGXs for the Classic as I've had mine for just over a year now. I autocross and do track schools. I estimate ~25 weekends last year I was doing something race-related with my car. I flog the ever living SH!T out of my car. The shocks are great. I just had them off to install GC coilovers. They are every bit as firm as the day I bought them. That shop must have had a bunch of GR2s they needed to get rid of.

kesi24: As a bonus, they provide you with not one, but 2 small screwdrivers to adjust the front shocks.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Hey, did anyone else notice with the AGX's that the front passenger top is like scratched or something? Like the 1-2-3-4 color code isn't as readable as the drivers side. I noticed that on like 3 other peoples cars with AGX's. The only thing I can think of is that it's to distinguish the left one from the right.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Hey, did anyone else notice with the AGX's that the front passenger top is like scratched or something? Like the 1-2-3-4 color code isn't as readable as the drivers side. I noticed that on like 3 other peoples cars with AGX's. The only thing I can think of is that it's to distinguish the left one from the right.</font>
Weird... I've noticed the same thing, too, with my AGX's. I always thought it got messed up during the install... Hmm... who knows...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Ok, well that confirms it then. Since your all the way out in California and I'm in Pennsylvania, I think we can assume they were marked like that from the factory for some reason. ??

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
I have the GR2's, they lost all rebound in the first 5 mos. Go with the AGX's...

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r (fmax stg2 @ 1.1 bar)
00 s2000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts