SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yes, it's a Sentra
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search but no luck.

Is it true KYB AGX's have a lifetime warranty and if they do has anyone delt with getting them replaced and how much of a hassle? I checked their webpage but there's no info out there unless I email them. I thought I would try here first.

I got in on the HYPERCO group buy and when I go to do this if they are bad I would hate to buy new ones if I don't have to.

Thanks for the info

Alex

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
warranty would pertain to manufacturers defects as I would think. I highly doubt they would warranty shock and say theu will never wear out

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Not to mention when you put coilovers on them you instantly void any and all warranties since you have to grind the caps down.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
^^yeah thats very true. Most manufacturers dont warrant products which are modified or tampered. I wish they did though, I could have AGXs forever, and not worry about them blowing.

·
Yes, it's a Sentra
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't have coilovers so that's not an issue. I've never modified the strut in any way.

The only reason I'm asking is about 3 years ago I spoke with a rep from KYB at a show and I thought I had heard him say they were warrantied for life.

Well I guess I'll need to contact them and find out. I will pass along any information I find

Thanks guys

You rock! As always. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
i purchased my old KYBs about two years ago, and what they told me is that if the strut blows or if it is damaged u have to take it off, send it to them and they determine if it is blown or not. If it is they will replace it with a new one, and yes it is lifetime warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts