SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THSCC just had one of their largest autocrosses ever. 141 people at the Raleigh Entertainment and Sports Arena (where NC State plays b-ball and Carolina Hurricanes play hockey). Anywho, 141 cars and I'm the only Sentra. No B14s, 15s, NXs, nothing. I guess if I want to run against someone in a similar car, I need a Miata because every Miata ever made was there.

I hear there a few Sentras that autocross at Virginia Motorsports Park, but I'm too scared to go up there and get my ass kicked by slowSER.
http://www.thscc.com/results/2001/080501class.html

At least I won STS by a week.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

[This message has been edited by slowSER (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Good kills. Are they that bad or are you that good? I was 4th this weekend of 20 cars. STS is huge around here.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to have a 20 car field. STS just isn't very popular around here. The girl in the BMW is not bad. She had a bad day and had little sleep the night before. She was also the event chair, so her mind was 1000 different places. My other closest competition moved to Kansas last week. Everyone else is just not very good.

I don't think I'm all that fantastic. I go to Prosolos and get my ass handed to me. But people might be spreading the word to the newbies. "Don't bother with STS, the guy in the SE-R is good. He's won every event this year...." So they go to street prepared or run in our street tire class.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I've run STS and STR, and I've never had any competition. There is zero interest in ST locally.

All of the top-shelf Nationals level drivers in my division drive stock class cars. Exciting, huh? It seems like anyone in a higher class is just a hobbyist (a non-regular) who showed up and happened to class higher.

At least I can say that I've seen a few SR20 cars before. Last time, a B15 Sentra SE automatic showed and ran on street tires. Yee haw.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Heh, I noticed you ran faster than STR and Street Mod. Nice job.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Heh, I noticed you ran faster than STR and Street Mod. Nice job.
</font>
I hadn't even noticed that. I usually beat STR, but not SM. Those guys must have had a bad day.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">At least I can say that I've seen a few SR20 cars before.</font>
I honestly don't remember any other SR20 powered cars at any local autocross this year. And our smallest event has been 109 people.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I autocross in two separate regions, Southern WV (SWVR) and River Cities (RCR). Our SWVR autocrosses average about 65 cars, and RCR only manages 15-20.
However, I do get to autocross with an identical Super Black '92 SE-R, albeit we're in different classes (he in DSP, me in SM now). I run within 1 second of him, and he's on Kumho V700s, me on RE71s...hmmm.....
At the SWVR events, the ST field is the largest by far, usually 12 cars or so. And, you can throw a 2-3 second blanket over them all, with the top 5 within 1 second of each other. Tight...

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Registered
708 Posts
Here in SoCal we average about 225 -250 drivers for each event and usually there are no other SE-R's that show up in LA. In San Diego though I usually run into a couple of others there. I run in E Stock but may go to STS next year due to the reclassification.
Even though my times in my X Runs would have won STS in San Diego at the last event.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
I autocross in two separate regions, Southern WV (SWVR) and River Cities (RCR). Our SWVR autocrosses average about 65 cars, and RCR only manages 15-20.
However, I do get to autocross with an identical Super Black '92 SE-R, albeit we're in different classes (he in DSP, me in SM now). I run within 1 second of him, and he's on Kumho V700s, me on RE71s...hmmm.....
At the SWVR events, the ST field is the largest by far, usually 12 cars or so. And, you can throw a 2-3 second blanket over them all, with the top 5 within 1 second of each other. Tight...

</font>
We have about 5-6 drivers in sts that are very competitive. We are usually within 1-1.5 seconds of each other. The rest is rice that is usually 3-4 maybe more seconds behind. Where in West Virginia are you? I have family in Morgantown (WVU) I visit about once a year.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Soupaflie;

I'm in Huntington, WV, which is where OH, WV, and KY all meet. About 3+ hours from Morgantown.

Plus, I'm forbidden from going to M'town, as it is the home of WVU.

I'm a Marshall U. guy, through and through.

You're one or the other here

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Soupaflie;

I'm in Huntington, WV, which is where OH, WV, and KY all meet. About 3+ hours from Morgantown.

Plus, I'm forbidden from going to M'town, as it is the home of WVU.

I'm a Marshall U. guy, through and through.

You're one or the other here
</font>
I'm a Spartan (MSU). So we are cool. My dad and his family on the other hand are die hard WVU fans. My aunts house was in the news paper for all the WVU decore in her house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts