SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all...Might as well have a talk about everyones launchin techniques. Its a good way to learn new things or help people or to brag. Anyways...Personally myself. My best technique ive found on my 97 SE-R is to...Basically, hold the rev towards 3500rpm. I also tend to stage a little deep usually(if you dont know what stage deep is exactly, it when u hit the line to make the second stage light turn on barely, if im correct). Anyways, with the deep stage you get the launch advantage, but not that much of a greater trap speed. As soon as the third yellow hits i rev to 4000rpm and drop it. I have little but some wheel spin. This may be a boring topic, but its fun to talk to about. This usually brings me around a .600 - .520 always. I dunno...On gettin a badass reaction time, it takes knowing the track and the car. Enough of how i launch, give me your tech. latez

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
230 Posts
basically the same thing from me. Rev to around 4000rpms... drop the clutch and control wheelspin w/ throttle... it's what got me a couple 14.6's and 14.7's all day long today

------------------

·
Registered
765 Posts
On the streets I launch from 5000RPM, a real quick clutch slip (almost dropping it) which allows for wheel spin but not too much works well for me.

I took the SER to the track for the first time and had a horrible time. I think it was the track because my friends with other cars were not able to launch at all. It was real sticky and gunky.

I Couldnt drop the clutch at the track or slip it fast because this led to car-shaking wheel hop (in fact i returned home with a broken half shaft seal
)

Anyways I had to slip the clutch slowly from 5000 which led to a bog.. my 60 ft times were in the 2.35-2.45 range which really REALLY suck. I was able to bang off 2.1s and 2.2s in the Prelude my last time out.

Anyways I was only able to manage 15.8's-16.0's with the crappy launches
And trapspeeds were in the 85-86 range.

I checked weather.com before i left for the track that night and it was 78 degrees, 50% humidity, and bar. pressure was 30.01 and falling.

Does this sound about right, time wise for my setup? (considering wasnt able to launch all out)

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts