SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im getting some oil leakage on my VE valve cover. Im thinking it may be a PCV issue. I dont have an old DE at my disposal to compare so does anyone know if the PCV part number and if it is identical to any DE part number that is readily available. ALso, any other suggestions on the leak, it comes out at the oil cap and the hose that goes from the front of the valve cover down to the block (im not sure what that one does maybe jsut a drain line). Not a heavy leak, just discoloration in the area. And i noticed that it is worst when ive been getting on the throttle a lot.

nathan

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
it is definitely not the same as the B13 DE. let me look in fast and see if it looks the same as a B15 one.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
okay it looks in FAST like it is the same as a B15. p/n 11810-75T00. good luck.

·
root
295 Posts
92nx2k said:
okay it looks in FAST like it is the same as a B15. p/n 11810-75T00. good luck.
Is that the valve cover gasket? Cause I seem to be getting a little bit of oil leaking from my valve cover.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
that was a p/n for the pcv valve like you asked.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the part number . Its hard cause almost nothing is the same as the B13 so i cant really compare. Maybe i need a B15 manual as well now.

El_Presidente: I am getting oil leakage from the valve cover, I am assuming its just normal blowby but possibly the PCV is not opening to relieve the pressure? It only seems to happen at high throttle/high rpm.

thanks guys...

nathan

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is a picture with the areas circled where the leaks are coming from. I have a new PCV on the way from nissan, it should be here thursday (sucks living in hawaii for parts). Any other suggestions? Also, is there supposed to be some kind of gasket on that (drain?) line in the front? That thing pops in and out really easy.

nathan

·
Registered
805 Posts
i know this may be draggin up anold topic.... but i have the same leaks. Was there ever a fix found for this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts