SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 92 Classic, I have a busted glass and plastic housing on my left side electric mirror. The electric portion of it works great. I wanted to know if it is possible just to replace the glass and housing or do I have to get a whole new unit.

If I do have a whole new unit, is it easy to put in?

Thanks,

SAM

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Classic SE-R Aztec Red

1991 Classic SE-R --Passed Away When Timing Chain Snapped 360,000 miles --

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's a tough call. Several years ago I bought a mirror for my '92 Sentra E (they don't have power mirrors) and it ran around $50. Or you may be able to pick one up at the junkyard. Recently I took the mirrors apart on my SE-R to paint them and I noticed the motor just screws into the housing. I say buy a non-powered mirror and install your old motor. There's nothing like new parts!

The mirrors are fairly easy to install. Just remove the door panel trim to access the screws for the mirror housing. The mirror itself pops right off of the motor ... believe me!

[This message has been edited by ziegler2000 (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Guys, if the motor works, then all you need is the mirror itself. It's very easy.

The passenger side glass was cracked on my 91 SE-R. You do not have to remove anything to replace it. You simply pull it and it unattaches itself from what I believe were clips on the motor. Go to a junkyard to get a replacement. Shouldn't cost all that much.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I got to get myself on over to a junkyard and see if my old SE-R is there.

hehe, I should have pulled more stuff from it.

SAM

------------------
Do you have 5th gear probs in your SE-R?

http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Classic SE-R Aztec Red

1991 Classic SE-R --Passed Away When Timing Chain Snapped 360,000 miles --

1 - 5 of 5 Posts