SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a 240sx for free. S13 hatch.

its been sitting at this shop for 3 years...give or take a few months. Flat tire, not-so-hot paint. Anyways, the shop owner said he saw new tags on it a few months ago but can't get a hold of the owner and said if I could prove he owns it from being there so long, he'd give it to me.

any laws backing this? I'm not sure if he has a mechanic's lein on it or if they owe him any money, but it's on his property and he can't get in contact with the owner at all.

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so here's the real situation:
the vehicle has sat at this shop for 6-7 years. The lady who registers it registered it to a shopping center....neither the tenants in the plaza nor the owner of the plaza know who she is. No way to contact her.
BUT the title is possessed by a real estate agency. I've called them, just waiting on a call back.

basically the car in its current state isn't worth jack. But if I get it for free, I get it for free.

the main hurdle is getting the title from the agency...then having to find the lady to have her sign it. However, because the car is registered to the plaza, that's like falsifying the address, i could pursue that in a legal realm and have the registration nullified due to falsification, thereby submitting that info to the state, having the title changed so that the agency is the sole name on the title, and then they can transfer it directly to me.........................

all this work better pay off! lol

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
get a mechanics lien on it and its yours the clerks of courts should have the info for you on that.

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem is, she doesn't owe the shop any money...except the fact it's been there for so damn long.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Storage on your property? That's $25 a day for 6-7 years. :) She owes quite a bit of money from what I see...

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the legal lein holder said they will sign the title over to me.

basically they have to get the title (apply for duplicate) and then legally repossess it, then they can sign it over to me.

SCORE!!!! S13 hatch 5sp baby! (prolly doesn't run, it's sat for so many years, so it'll DEFINITELY be a project)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts