SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my car at night there is a indicator light flashing on the right side of the seat belt warning indictor light. But when the indicator light flashes i cant tell what light it is because the light flashes really, really dim and cant tell what it is:confused: . Tried checking dureing the day when theres light out but cant tell also. While turning the key on the ON position this particular light does not come on along with the other indicator lights. I just want to know what this light indicator is. like I said, it is on the right side of the seat belt indicator light. thanks

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Is it this one? That's a low oil pressure warning.

C

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chriscar surprisingly the indicator light i'm talking about is not on your picture. I went to the local nissan dealership asked them what is was and they didnt even know. One of there older mechanic that worked there for 20 years didnt even know what it was. They said that it might be a california car. The indicator looks like an exhuast with curvy lines going up from the top. like an exhuast getting hot :confused: . I cant take a picture of it cause the indicator light is soooooo dim you can barely tell what it is. I'll just draw it out and take a picture of it and post it.

·
SR powered
341 Posts
I know what light you're talking about. It's the red light between the seat belt and the high beam, right ? My SEL's cluster has it, but it's the only socket that doesn't have a light bulb to make it come on. So I guess is not functional in my car. I also checked the FSM and couldn't find anything about it :confused: .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YUP DreSEL, thats the one finally somebody knows what i'm talking about. But I still dont know what it is :confused: . If Dresel's isnt functional do I really need it? I'm starting to get frustrated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope its not the washer indicator. But on my car that indicator that im talking about is located where the washer indicator is located in your diagram. jer_760 i noticed that you to have a 1995 200sx se-r, is there any way you can check to see whats on your car a washer indicator or the indicator that i mentioned in my previous post?

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
I went outside and shined my flashlight at it but couldn't see anything. It doesn't light up when I turn the key either. Tomorrow I will take the cluster out and take a look.

·
SR powered
341 Posts
My owner's manual says it's the low windshield washer fluid too (for Canada only). But like I mentioned above, there is no light bulb in the socket, and it has the picture that bolt01 described. It looks like a muffler with heat (steam) escaping from it.

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
I've been thru 2 200sx clusters. The indicator you are talking about does not come with a light bulb attached. The owners manual says nothing about the indicator. I've also put a bulb in that slot for a couple of days and it never lights up. My guess is maybe its an idicator used in Mexico or Japan (Lucino) that was never used in the US.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts