SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently searching for light weight 15" wheels to replace my stockers(98 SE). I know of the expensive, popular brands - Racing Hart, 5Zigen, Volk, Advan, Spoon, Etc. I'm looking for some of the other, less expensive/exotic brands. Please list what you know. I'm currently gathering info on Kosei, SSR, Rota Circuit 8, Lenso, Technomagnesio, Desmond, InterMilano. I have some info on the above, but would appreciate more links, info, leads, etc.

Thanks,
CB

G

·
0 Posts
Not that I am lazy or anything but it would be cool if you could send me your findings (price, where to buy)or just post them here. I like the Kosei's and the Rotas, but have not clue about the others you listed. THanks in advance.

MarC

·
Registered
858 Posts
there are also Yamamoto racing rims.I think I paid like $450 cash 15x7. the only thing is they come with a cap that is held by a cotter pin. I made a lock for them and chromed the locks when I was a machinist so I don't need the cotter pins any more. they were really light like 12-15 lbs.there's a picture of them under bowl cut's pics in the classic section. they have alot of different styles but only gray or polished alum.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input so far - keep it coming.

I'll be happy to post my findings. Ben, will this forum accept Excel spreadsheets, or can I email them to someone for posting on their website? I'll try to get it started this weekend.

CB

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I just priced the Kosei K1's in anthracite and they were $139 a wheel and about $950 with the bridgestine RE730's. Mounted balanced and shipped. 15 X 7 of course. The Lenso's are about the same price and are also pretty light. ALthough I prefer the look of the Kosei's!

late,
wes

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
my 17 inch rpo2s are pretty light for what they are too.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would also have to agree that they are easy to clean, even though you have to clean the back of them too, or else you can see it. I hate it when I come out from somewhere, and someone is checking out my freshly washed car with dirty rims. I am almost embarassed b/c hey, I want the nicest, best car on the road (besides an old muscle car, or exotic sports car.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
the best light weight rims are the Volks TE-37s. If you want to race get them in 15X7. they weigh 9.2lbs each. I run them on the road course and run the stockers on the street. You can really feel the car more nimble with the Volks than the stockers.

G

·
0 Posts
We all know about the Volks. I an thinking about price along with performance, and I dont have the money to dump in to wheels like that.

MarC

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris Bryant:
I am currently searching for light weight 15" wheels to replace my stockers(98 SE). I know of the expensive, popular brands - Racing Hart, 5Zigen, Volk, Advan, Spoon, Etc. I'm looking for some of the other, less expensive/exotic brands. Please list what you know. I'm currently gathering info on Kosei, SSR, Rota Circuit 8, Lenso, Technomagnesio, Desmond, InterMilano. I have some info on the above, but would appreciate more links, info, leads, etc.

Thanks,
CB
</font>
Here is a link to the place I bought my C8s. http://www.rutabaga.com/~jrogers/c8/ Great price, waited 3 weeks for delivery.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

1 - 20 of 28 Posts