SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting a lightened fly wheel for my car, but someone suggest that I not do that since it is turbo, he said that the revs would drop faster than I would want them to, is this true, should I get the lightened flywheel?

·
Registered
434 Posts
NX-t said:
I was looking into getting a lightened fly wheel for my car, but someone suggest that I not do that since it is turbo, he said that the revs would drop faster than I would want them to, is this true, should I get the lightened flywheel?
I heard the same thing, but then Ive also heard that it can build boost quicker, so who knows???

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I have the JUN ultralight flywheel on my SE-R, and I gotta say I like it a lot. It takes a very little bit of getting used to, but I got used to it very quickly. The car revs much quicker, and for somebody who likes to road race it's great because blipping the throttle gets the revs way up there, great for quick downshifting.

I think when people warn against light flywheels in a turbo car, it's pretty much because of drag racing... a light flywheel does make it a bit more difficult to get that perfect launch. But if you're on slicks it doesn't matter. In any other situation, less rotational mass = better!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I have the JUN in my car as well, and it rocks, and can't believe on what it could do on a turbo car, and it does take a little getting used to. I still stall mine every once and a while :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts