SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VVL Junkie
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help to choose light flyweel for a vz-r + 2.0 setup to shift redline to 9k?
Can't find exact flyweel for a VZ-R.

Will a sr20de (p10, p11) will fit?
Will sr20det (RNN14) will fit?
n14, n15 Flyweel?

Don't know exact quantity of teeth on the flyweel... :(

·
L337 VVL
268 Posts
I think they all will except the rnn14 they have different sizes holes, as far as i know my flywheel fits the sr20ve also which fits the sr16ve so i think there interchangeable.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
GC Corp Performance Parts

This flywheel has a lower moment of inertia than any other SR16 or SR20 flywheel. The mass is concentrated closer to the crankshaft which makes it much more responsive. I also know they fit the SR20VE engines.

·
vz-r driver
367 Posts
jgy sells flywheels for the ve which is interchangable to the de also

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
A DE or DET clutch kit can be used for the SR16VE and used on the flywheel. The SR16VE gearbox has the same input shaft so that will not be a problem.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
No, you need any clutch kit except the GTiR clutch kit. GTiR one is not suitable for your flywheel or input shaft.

Buy an SR20DE clutch kit.

I believe Exedy still make a triangular clutch kit for the SR16/20 motors, which has a 3 puck friction disc. It is lightweight and the pressure plate does not need to be heavy as the force is applied over less surface area, which improves clamping force. Sort of like a womens high heel shoes, lots of pressure over the heel can punch through carpet...

·
Registered
404 Posts
We've found the Exedy Sports Tuff 4 Puk clutch to be really good with the VE motors. Another nice flywheel is the Jun Ultralight.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Yes, it works on the SR16VE as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts