SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was swaping my Xe interior out with the se-r stuff and i got to the carpet. The carpet i got was filthy and had some fading from the sun. I went out and got some carpet cleaner and Duplicolor Fabric paint. First I vaccumed the carpet, when used the carpet cleaner for some of the spot that has junk on them. Let it dry then started laying down the paint. It comes in a spray can so it makes life easy :p Went over it won coat to lay the paint down, then made a few more passes get the car nice and black. Here are a couple pictures of it when i was done. I was very pleased with the results....Duplicolor saves the day again :D :biggthump

wish i had a good picture of what it looked like before

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
ohhh just wait :biggthump that stuff will start to flake off in no time. i used the same stuff on my removable carpets in my b14 and its all gone now.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
well i hope it works out for you, but my matts look alittle shabby now :( oh well, im gona re paint them before i sell it to get it looking good. i bet the reason it wont stick to my matts is because its a nylon carpet, im sure it sticks to cotton with ease.

·
!!!!CAUTION!!!!
3,993 Posts
looks good what color was it before? i used the duplicolor paint on my bmw door panels and it still looks good. but i think it helps if you have a dark base color to start out with, so that if it does chip or something then it wont be soo obvious as with a tan carpet or sumthing.

·
starting over
653 Posts
This is an old detailers trick. Before there was a product formulated or marketed just for this, we used regular spray paint. It works wonders. I cannont say for long term durability, but hell just re-spray if it looks bad...

Good work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts