SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's you favorite mod? Can be power, handling, looks, stereo, tires, window tint, whatever. What's your favorite? So far the dissassembled/open/air-filter-wired-to-the-airbox mod is my favorite.

What's the normal name for this mod I'm talking about?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
your mod is called the 'ghetto pop' just kidding, it probably did help out quite a bit actually, and you are saving money by doing that instead of buying the pop and the pr cai later. but I'd bet you would not guess my favorite mod (when it runs right)

ya, you got it, the nitrous

·
_______
2,170 Posts
That's a good topic! A tough one...

I really enjoy the POP charger, which was my first mod. It makes getting up to redline that much more fun.

The header was awesome, and combined with the POP, gives me an additional bit of hp, even with stock exhaust (118-120 hp @ the wheels is about right for stock, I'm at 131.8 hp @ the wheels, with no other perf mods).

GABs are awesome, as are the Eibachs, but...

My oil pressure gauge saved me an engine when a 200sx filter (!) blew off my engine. It should be my favourite, but...

Yeah, the Volks are my favourite mod. I prefer handling over straightline performance, and they're excellent. With a 35 mm offset, I have a 10 mm wider track than stock. I fitted wider tires, which improves handling, but it just looks... cool :)

Everytime I park it, I find myself looking back at it, to check out the wheels. I'd say I get the most enjoyment from them, because they not only look great, but they're also a totally functional mod :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My favorite mod would be ignition timing advacne. It's free, simple to do, and you notice the results immediately. Plus unlike intake or exhaust mods, it's totaly stealth. The police (who like to give tickets just for owning a import) won't have any idea you've done anything to your car.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Hmm... Or maybe it should be the ES stuff. Cuz it lets me abuse the car and I know my tranny wont be flopping into the cross-member. And the sway bar bushings tightened up the front end. I need to install the control arm bushings still.

This reminds me of the other listerv I'm on. Its for a band, and the favorite song question comes up often. And my favorite is always changing... How can I pick when they are all so good?!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, since I own a 96 200sx se-r, my favorite mod is the JWT computer. Much improved throttle response, better top end, and best of all it gets rid of the 109 speed limiter and raises redline to 7700 rpm. You would not believe how many times I hit that stock rev limit!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, other than the NOS, my favorite mods are the rims and the spirngs, there is nothing better than having somebody stare at your car when you drive by, especially if they are chicks :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, and I also like the forcefield that keeps my car clean 24/7 (I would pay 2k for that mod) :):)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey NoVTECSER, did you do the cam install yourself? Where do you feel the power at for the cam? What year is your se-r?

.....I know, tons of questions! :)

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
The best bang for your buck mod by far is the JWT cams! We're talking 12HP at the wheels after 5500 rpm. Who needs VTEC? I havent found a normally aspirated VTEC that even touches my car with the cams... hell, Mustang GTs with headers and exhausts cant touch an SE-R with cams, ecu, etc...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well since Im running a Bone Stock Automatic classic right now my favorite mod so far is tightening the throtle cable. It makes a hella difference would like to know the feeling of it on a 5 speed. Hate the auto wish I could have gotten a 5 speed but the auto is kinda cool I guess. Planning on the ghetto POP sometime probaly get another air box and just carve it up instead of chicken wireing the filter to the top of the box.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And what's the matter with the chicken wiring method? :) No airbox carving required. Can return it to stock in no time. (not that I do when I go to the dealership)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Nothing wrong I just want it to look a little better than a "Ghetto" crusier. I have a drimel and need an excuse to use it. My friends have done it on all kinds of cars. I dont know just going to do it until I get a pop who knows why.

Whats funny we used to make fun of a friend when he drilled holes in his air box. We called him stupid and it did nothing execpt "make it sound mean" He had a mazda mx6 and that puppy got fast.

G

·
0 Posts
favorite mod.... SR20DET swap. Lots of other goodies on it. On the NA SR I had, it was the CAI, really opened up the engine.

G

·
0 Posts
I like those Mugen and HKS stickers... I heard each one gets 5-10 extra horsepower...

Oh, wait... thought this was a forum for Honda drivers... sorry. :)

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
hahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I tried the no air box mod last night. Damn the sound. Didnt feel any stronger SOTP but the sound made up for it. If I find some chicken wire may keep it off

1 - 20 of 20 Posts