SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)That unit is the same piece. It is called the "J" pipe. The O2 sensor is housed in the unit so you will need an O2 bung to fit your sensor. It's only $3 or so.

2)It depends on if the center section is water cooled or not. If so, you can tap into the coolant line behind the block for feed and return.

3)Dude, don't feel stupid. Just consider yourself a turbo novice who needs a little support (and a kick) to get started. NOS runs out, boost is ALWAYS there!

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors...TO4E/T3 Stage II
12.81 @ 116.8 mph
Built motor in future plans!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
BB DET T25 has a water-cooled center section. I just put the turbo in the middle of the cooling system, basically cut where the throttle body coolant outlet is (behind the thermostat, I can take pics), ran it thru the turbo, and back to the throttle body. Did this with rubber fuel line from Pep Boys and hose clamps. Worked like a charm. I assume you will want pics.
Email me for them to remind me and I will take some.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I didn't need a bung to place my O2 sensor in. Mine screwed right into the elbow's threads without a hitch. Have to cut and extend the wires for the sensor though- stock they are not long enough to reach. I have pics of that already at home if you want them.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Ben;

Pics would be great, either here or by direct email. You're a lifesaver! I know I'm about 4 years behind the curve on installing a T25, but it should be a hoot nonetheless!

Rob;
I know you're pulling for me on the turbo....so I can get that manifold! Ha.

So....a 'J' pipe and this Nismoparts.com pipe are one in the same, huh? Hmmm. Looks like I'm in business.

Thanks, guys.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
*most* det turbo setups you buy used will come with the turbo outlet pipe, which, I think, is the J pipe you are talking about..

I think you mean "downpipe" which would take the 3 bolt flange off the j pipe to the cat (as in connect to your exhaust question as you mentioned earlier)

Anyways, if the turbo you got did not come with the j pipe, then you will need one.. but if you need a downpipe, you can buy one pre-fabbed from a shop like sr20 developement.. or, you can buy a "454" exhaust flange, a 90 degree mandrel, a flexpipe, and a flange for the cat, and either make it yourself, or have a local shop make it.
hint: sr20 has a nice downpipe (250 bucks)
hint2: local is less cash..(150 for me) but more trouble.
(next time I will just buy a sr20 unit, again, better quality IMHO =)
later
david lau

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Hey, gang;

For those of you who either have a BB setup or have converted a DE, I have two questions:

1.) I'm trying to find a stock downpipe from the BB setup. Is the 'Turbo Outlet Pipe' part # 14440-54C00 listed at www.nismoparts.com the same piece? I know these are GTiR parts (T28), but does anybody know if this is the downpipe I need to connect the turbo to my exhaust system?

2.) I've only seen mention of the oil feed and return lines that must be drilled/tapped for a T25 (or any turbo, for that matter). Then, I came across an old post in the archives that mentioned T25 water lines. Does the T25 require a water feed/return? I didn't think so, but then again I can be stupid some times

Your help/comments are greatly appreciated!

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts