SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is sagging more and more as the days go by. Once it even popped off by itself this week. That crappy wire "diamond" that fits into the top stock hole just isn't cutting it. I looked at the stock a-pillar covering and it has MUCH better fasteners. I didn't look at it long enough to determine if it would be feasable to attach these same fasteners to the a-pillar pod, but I'm sure it could be done with the appropriate material, be it a glue gun, some hard epoxy, or other material.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I had that happen to mines as well Ben. I just messed with it enough now it doesn't pop off anymore and if you look outside of the winshield you can see an opening along with the wires from the gauges. That really bothers me, but i'm living with it. It needs to be heated some more to fold in and have that damn clip put it if possible

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the fit and finish is great, it's just the mounting hardware that leaves a lot to be desired.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Mine hasn't really become a problem yet, but it is starting to do it also. I wonder it double sided tape along the inside edge of the pilar pod would work? What do you guys think?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Have you guys let LO-Tek know about this? They seemed pretty nice in devloping the pod for us, and would probably be interested in this feedback, so they can fix the problem in the future.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
During the first or second lap around the track at the convention the thing fell out hardcore and we had to pull back in and tape the thing in place. Bleh. Have to do something about this.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Alex, it took a while. Be patient Danielson.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts