SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently ive noticed that my car locks by itself..as soon as i disarm the alarm right before i put the key in the ignition the car locks itself...Ive tried even unlocking the car while driving..and about 1 min approx. it automatically locks itself...Fortunately, i haven't locked my keys in the car as of yet...but, just wondering if anybody experienced this....(i hate troubleshooting electrical shorts) so if anybody has any insight on this..lemme know....

96-SER
107,000miles
all the bolt ons...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had that happen to me once. I left my windows down one night and much to my suprise it rained over night. Apparently water got into the switch and it just kept locking the doors at random times It got to be very annoying. I would unlock the car and try to open the door but I had to be quick or the doors would lock again.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I didn't do anything. The water kept closing the circuit. It dried up and the problem went away.

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you repair the problem?? Did you replace the drivers side lock switch...Because something similar happenend to me as well...and i think its a faulty lock switch..

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Alright i have experienced never start your car with your door open and then run back into your friends house to grab your cell phone b/c the door did shut nad my car was locked with the car running. I had to go home grab my keys from my house, but realized when i got there that the house key was in the car. Man did i have a hard time breaking into my own house

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERracer01:
Alright i have experienced never start your car with your door open and then run back into your friends house to grab your cell phone b/c the door did shut nad my car was locked with the car running. I had to go home grab my keys from my house, but realized when i got there that the house key was in the car. Man did i have a hard time breaking into my own house </font>
HA!!! You nut!!

I did this one time when I was washing my car at one of those spray wash places. The car was running and the stereo was on. All the sudden I hear "clunk". AARRRGHHH!!! Damn automatic crap!!! I had to run home about 5 blocks away to get the spare!!

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
HA!!! You nut!!

I did this one time when I was washing my car at one of those spray wash places. The car was running and the stereo was on. All the sudden I hear "clunk". AARRRGHHH!!! Damn automatic crap!!! I had to run home about 5 blocks away to get the spare!!
</font>
Tell me about it, the first week i got my car I was showing it to my bro and another friend when my brother closed the door. I just locked it with the remote and threw the keys on the drivers seat(DUMB). It took over and hour and four people to get into it. We had to use a coat hanger and go from the top of the door.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since we are on the subject of power locks; on my NX2K to lock the doors, i just have to switch my door to the lock position and the passenger door will lock also, there is no separate switch for door locks. Is that how the power locks on the 200sx work as well? I'm just wondering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts