SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Light weight thinker
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my NX to FL from NC this weekend. About a 9 hour drive. It came from Tampa, so it was like it was going home :) (My NX is a Seminole fan, even though I like the Gators - I don't hold that against her)
I was surprised how well it did. I've got Hyperco/AGX suspension, and a nice burble sounding muffler, but it didn't beat me to death like I thought it would. I just roll the windows up and turn on the A/C and set the cruise for 80ish. Even the seats weren't too bad. Plus I returned 32 to 36 mpg's

·
Light weight thinker
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just do a search in the wheels for sale section for mille miglia. Mine are the 16's. There's a pic of the car in there. They are still for sale, BTW.

Yeah - 4200 rpm @ around 80 - 85. My best mileage was when I was cruising around 75. Also, I would wait for big SUV's moving at a good clip to come up behind me. I'd move right over to let them by, then sneak in behind and ride in the wake (at a safe distance, of course).

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
...Also, I would wait for big SUV's moving at a good clip to come up behind me. I'd move right over to let them by, then sneak in behind and ride in the wake (at a safe distance, of course).
Unsafe distances yield better mileage but the ride is choppy due to turbulence and white-knuckle since you see NOTHING but bumper. Ask me how I know.:rofl:

·
Booooooooooost
492 Posts
Unsafe distances yield better mileage but the ride is choppy due to turbulence and white-knuckle since you see NOTHING but bumper. Ask me how I know.:rofl:
how do you know?

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Been there, done that. Good enough?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts