SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm broke, and gave up on the thought of getting a set of 13" drag wheels and real slicks, I bought what I could afford. I picked up a set of BF Goodrich Gforce drag radials in a 215/60-14. I really didn't know if these would fit since the overall diameter is 24.2" and they have a width of 8.7". Compared to my Azenis, they have a 1" greater diameter and are .9" wide. Just so everyone knows, these fit with no problem, with no rubbing lock to lock. This is with AGXs and HyperCo Gen.2s.

I'll be turning up the boost on Saturday to see what I can do. Changes from last season will be the tires as well as a G20 gearset.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Looks good, Jonathon. I squeezed some 205/55/14s DRs when I was using nitrous. I had no idea the 215s would fit, but it looks like they do.

Lower the air pressure down around 16psi or so and let that bad boy breathe. :)

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
You car has a nice bull dog stance to it now. I'm willing to bet you could fit a 225-50-15 if you tried. Granted that would require larger wheels.

John

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
yo, whats up? I cant believe you got those to fit. I was going to by the nittos, but now you have me thinking twice. I would be at the track this weekend too, but i still have to get a clutch and mess with my timing again.

Later,

Kevin

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg - I've never ran on anything but regular street tires, so I'm sure it will take me a while to find the right tire pressure/launch rpm. I will be turning it up though, so hopefully stay tuned for even better times from the T28.

John - I'm broke, so I was working with what I had, that just happened to be 6 spare SE-R wheels.

Kevin - If you need help with that clutch, I'm sure we could have it completely done in 4 hours. Hope to see you at Cecil soon. If everything goes well, I should be there twice a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts