SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for motor

i blew my motor on my 91 ser.i am looking for
a used sr20de anyone knows where i can find one without outrageous shipping cost to new york with warranty.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
K Watanbe? They go for $300 and shipping($160 to NH). I don't have the # off hand but it can be found somewhere...

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERboy:
K Watanabe??...i heard their motors were crappy...although it is very cheap..</font>
I have heard that too.. but I have heard more about how their motors are cherry. So I guess it depends on what you read. And yes they are cheap.. I was thinking about buying on for the hell of it when I get some more cake. Pull it apart and send it to JWT for some good 'ol' messaging. Those new oil passages in the main bearing journals they machine in make me horny

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your car has been taken care of your engine has another 100,000 in it at least!

MarC

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are those the jap spec engines, and if so do you have to get any parts to make them work in our U.S. cars???

Daniel K
93 NX2000

·
Registered
858 Posts
we finally got the j-spec engine in the car and running but the idle is crazy I checked timing and all but seems like theres a loose vaccum hose or some thing .next step is a diagnostic .but the engine sounds sweet.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
What type of mileage do these engines have on average? My G20 has 93,000 miles and at these prices mentioned it would not be a bad idea for me to replace my engine soon.

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO

·
Registered
858 Posts
Till the Hondas recognize the authorita!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

[This message has been edited by redman007 (edited 02-06-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts