SR20 Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #284 (Edited)
Word! 4 years later now after first boost and she's still running strong! Roughly 24k on the ticker. Still battling an idle issue which in the last week alone I may finally be able to call it good. Waitin on parts. BIG UPS to Benfenner!!!!!! He is the fukkin man!! 3 years ago I ran a 13.7 @ 103 w/2.3 60ft UNTUNED and soaken wet rich!!! Later that year I got a street tune to dial in WOT. I shredded my clutch and replaced it last year with a clutchmasters fx400, I love it! I'm having some new quirks that have fattened up the tune for some odd reason. I was planning to attempt 12's next week on my vaca but with these new issues it may be difficult. We shall see. Regardless, my goal this year is a 12 sec time slip!!!

Date set, May 31st to Dyno tune!!!

Stay tuned! :) BOOOOST!!!

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
After a less than expected Dyno result, I've got some trouble shooting to perform in attempt to get her to hold 14psi to redline. I've ordered a MBC to replace my homemade one. I've also ordered the top banjo nipple for my tial wastgate. To the contrary of tials we page and info received from calling them, it was proven to me on the Dyno that nipple being utilized and effective. I also have to acquire a new BOV as the one I dynoed with was borrowed due to mine being a boost leak source. Once all that is buttoned up I will take my car somewhere to be checked for boost leaks with a fog machine. If no leaks or with leaks and sealed up, and she still doesn't hold 14psi, I will upgrade the wastegate spring. If STILL no result, I need a new turbo.

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Well with the dash down I been toolin around here and found my old thread. Idle issue actually was just solved 2 weeks ago after 5 long years! IACV breather from the IM under the TB to the intake before the throttle plate...it wasn't hooked up.

Then yesterday my MAF seems to have **** out on me. Batteries dead in my multimeter but I'm reading 0.01% in realtime and also have a code 12: MAF circuit.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Well with the dash down I been toolin around here and found my old thread. Idle issue actually was just solved 2 weeks ago after 5 long years! IACV breather from the IM under the TB to the intake before the throttle plate...it wasn't hooked up.

Then yesterday my MAF seems to have sh*t out on me. Batteries dead in my multimeter but I'm reading 0.01% in realtime and also have a code 12: MAF circuit.
I remember posting about this in a thread with Mike (username) trying to help out someone else concerning IACV and ended up helping my damn self. You even posted in there asking about it (check out the thread but specifically around post 20).

http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo/247256-advise-getting-my-car-start-right-when-motor-cold-thanks.html

I know you were frantically trying to figure things out and may have missed it. Sucks that you had to deal with it for so long, but at least it's fixed now.

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
I remember posting about this in a thread with Mike (username) trying to help out someone else concerning IACV and ended up helping my damn self. You even posted in there asking about it (check out the thread but specifically around post 20).

http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo/247256-advise-getting-my-car-start-right-when-motor-cold-thanks.html

I know you were frantically trying to figure things out and may have missed it. Sucks that you had to deal with it for so long, but at least it's fixed now.
DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMIT!!!!!!! I coulda had this back in 2009!!!!!! Mine looked exactly like yours with that damn bolt in the IACV breather hose! LOL, FML, and a big SMH!!! Haha!

281 - 296 of 296 Posts