SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SR20DE Rocks
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I know I have posted this topic not too long ago. but it seems im having trouble finding my post. Here how it goes. I just bought a 98 B14 SE-R w/ barely 100k miles on it. After signing all the necessary documents. I started driving car back home. While driving the car, I kinda notice a little bit delay on the respond. For example you are on the road driving 40mph and you are in 3rd gear. Sometimes you get the crazy idea that you want to floor the gas just to see how fast you could go from 40 to let say 70mph. I think something is wrong with it since Im use to driving my brother in law's B13 se-r and the respond is kinda different. As soon as I got home I did some maintenance. Flushing and changing the oil,replacing the sparkplugs, radiator flush. Still the respond of the car is still the same. But if drive it like IM drag racing its runs fine, the respond is quick. So I know its not the clutch. Any helpful tips would be apreciated. I know some smartass peep will tell me to check on SE-R .net but I want to know what else can I do :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Prepsx said:
Ok guys I know I have posted this topic not too long ago. but it seems im having trouble finding my post. Here how it goes. I just bought a 98 B14 SE-R w/ barely 100k miles on it. After signing all the necessary documents. I started driving car back home. While driving the car, I kinda notice a little bit delay on the respond. For example you are on the road driving 40mph and you are in 3rd gear. Sometimes you get the crazy idea that you want to floor the gas just to see how fast you could go from 40 to let say 70mph. I think something is wrong with it since Im use to driving my brother in law's B13 se-r and the respond is kinda different. As soon as I got home I did some maintenance. Flushing and changing the oil,replacing the sparkplugs, radiator flush. Still the respond of the car is still the same. But if drive it like IM drag racing its runs fine, the respond is quick. So I know its not the clutch. Any helpful tips would be apreciated. I know some smartass peep will tell me to check on SE-R .net but I want to know what else can I do :confused:

Is it loss of power, or hesitation. If it is hesitation try regrounding the MAF.. Tons of info on here for that....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts