SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn it. i lost the bolt to the block that goes to a coolant line (from turbo)

it fell down at the base of the dip stick. i cant get it either.. cant even feel it and there is no way it will drop. will it damage anything if i start it?

and where can i get some new ones? i cant find them anywhere in town. :12dunno

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it a banjo fitting? Or is it just there to hold the line in place? If it is just for holding the line tight to the block, you can get away with zip ties for awhile, they may melt, or use wire to tie it tight. If it is the actual coolant feed or return, don't start the car!

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Come on man! No its not OK! Its going to bug you until you find it. Hit up the Autoparts store and get a magnetic bolt finder thing (I dont know the exact name). Its a long piece of metal with a maganatized end. Put that down where you think the bolt dropped and find it.

BTW Ive never seen your car in Wilmington! But i Damn sure would like to. Im down here like every week/weekend. I used to drive a White 92 NX.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use a little common sence. i meant when i got a new bolt and got everything back to normal can i start the car.

basically, is the bolt in a place where it can **** something up.

(its the bolt that goes into the banjo BTW... where can you get those?)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Common sense? Use a little punctuation and spell check and maybe a capital or two. Anyway, since it dropped on the outside of the engine you are probably okay. Get a magnet and find it to put your mind at ease

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
drain your oil, and drop out your oil pan. Its just a buncha small bolts. snatch the bolt out of the oil pan and reinstall it. Re-seal the oil pan w/ new RTV sealant, making sure to torq the bolts in the proper sequence. If the bolt is not in the oil pan, it is stuck in the dipstick tube. Remove the tube from the block (I think it just pulls out) and retrive it.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Crim said:
drain your oil, and drop out your oil pan. Its just a buncha small bolts. snatch the bolt out of the oil pan and reinstall it. Re-seal the oil pan w/ new RTV sealant, making sure to torq the bolts in the proper sequence. If the bolt is not in the oil pan, it is stuck in the dipstick tube. Remove the tube from the block (I think it just pulls out) and retrive it.
why? it did not fall in his engine, look around by the compressor, I have dropped many bolts up front, and some of them went there.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Use YOUR common sense and then there would be no need to post a question like this on the forum! No one knows exactly where the bolt went! You are the only one who knows about where it fell. So how are we supposed to tell you if its in a place where it can mess somthing up. DONT BE AN ASS! I was just trying to help you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crim said:
ah I mis read, i was trying to figure out how the hell any bolt would fit down that tube... heh But for real, get off your ass and go look for it (?)

i tried for about an hour before i posted then went out and got a magnetic telescope thing, but it still didnt get it out. guess i have to search for a new one.

anyone know what size it would be? it's the smaller coolant bolt on the block (off coolant lines off the turbo)

i cant seem to find it in the FSM

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
search, there is a couple threads outlining all the different sizes for the turbo connections. I think there is even a part number out there for that particular bolt.

I think it is something like a 14mm x 1.5 banjo bolt.

brent

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
PULL the DIPSTICK TUBE OFF! IT COMES RIGHT OUT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts