SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300ZX Radiator cap.

SCC claims it allows more pressurization of the coolant and makes the engine less likely to overheat by raising the coolants boiling point.

What the hell, I went out and bought one for $8 bucks at PepBoys.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last Sept issue. In the article about Project 1.6 Sentra.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh schnapp!! Lakeland in da house!!
Wazz uupp, neighbor!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
What issue of SCC is this mentioned?

Andy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Red-94,

Not a whole heck of a lot. The best thing Lakeland has going for it is Elliott and
Thomas two Master Mechanics at Lakeland Nissan. I'd like to meet up some time to check out your car. And we can caravan down to South FL later this month for some Dyno action.

Did the SCC article say if that raditor cap mod would do the same for the SR20DE?

Andy

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew:
Red-94,

Not a whole heck of a lot. The best thing Lakeland has going for it is Elliott and
Thomas two Master Mechanics at Lakeland Nissan. I'd like to meet up some time to check out your car. And we can caravan down to South FL later this month for some Dyno action.

Did the SCC article say if that raditor cap mod would do the same for the SR20DE?

Andy
</font>
It just said "its a must for any Nissan engine". Hell it looks cool. The cap I got is all chromed out lookin' with a big "16lbs" stamped on it.
Hey we can no doubt cruise down to S-FLA and check it out. I might coast over to Orlando, though, and snake down with them fools.

·
Registered
417 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew:
Red-94,

Andy
</font>
Hey there is a SR20 in Lameland?!?!?
Wow...I've only been back for a day!
I'll join you guys on that meet!!
I need to make some car friends here...

------------------
~Anna
97 200SX SE-R
73 Super Beetle(Under Construction)
AIM XVyvianX

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VideoNasty:
Hey there is a SR20 in Lameland?!?!?
Wow...I've only been back for a day!
I'll join you guys on that meet!!
I need to make some car friends here...

</font>
L.M.A.O.!! @ Lameland!!!!
oh, ****.....ha ha ha ha . thats wrong, woman!!!!
But its all good. I expect everyone to sport their 300ZX cap.

Hey you and your man ever come to Tampa to any races?

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
What year 300ZX Twin Turbo radiator cap did you get? In the SCC article it does not say!!!

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The article says 18lb Cap.
I just looked at all the 300ZX caps at the store and looked for the one with 18lbs on it. I was only able to find a 1996 300ZX 16lb cap.

------------------
-

-

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
417 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
L.M.A.O.!! @ Lameland!!!!
oh, ****.....ha ha ha ha . thats wrong, woman!!!!
But its all good. I expect everyone to sport their 300ZX cap.

Hey you and your man ever come to Tampa to any races?
</font>
yes Lameland..ive lived here all my life just about...moved away for less than a year swore id NEVER return...and im back....
I just recently got a car that was even worth racing....and i _am_ looking for races etc..my man is in New York currently....so im quite bored
tell me where these races are and ill tell you if i know where it is and if i can make it

------------------
~Anna
97 200SX SE-R
73 Super Beetle(Under Construction)
AIM XVyvianX

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been having trouble w/ overheating lately and trying out the 300ZX's 18psi radiator cap might be worth it, if it works. It would cost me more to buy a new radiator or have it checked out by some shop. It costed me 9.99 from Courtesy. I also ordered some other stuff like OEM oil filters while I was there. Only 4.95 at Courtesy, compared to Lithia Nissan's jump in price from 5 bucks to 8.99!

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust

Temporarily using a dry 50 shot nitrous system. Don't know if I should keep it.

http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERacer:
I've been having trouble w/ overheating lately and trying out the 300ZX's 18psi radiator cap might be worth it, if it works. It would cost me more to buy a new radiator or have it checked out by some shop. It costed me 9.99 from Courtesy. I also ordered some other stuff like OEM oil filters while I was there. Only 4.95 at Courtesy, compared to Lithia Nissan's jump in price from 5 bucks to 8.99!

</font>
Hey let us know if it helps you out!!!
Im curious to know!!!

------------------
and me and my wife

-

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got my 3Z radiator cap today and installed it. Although it does not look like the one they used in SCC's Project 1.6, but the 1.2 (bar?) rating was there, so all is good. It was blistering hot today in Fresno. Took it driving around town (mostly stop and go driving). All I have to say is so far so good. When I first cleaned out the plug for the coolant temp sensor, it worked fine, only until the next day! Only time will tell. I'll keep ya posted.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

[This message has been edited by SERacer (edited 08-17-2001).]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERacer:
Got my 3Z radiator cap today and installed it. Although it does not look like the one they used in SCC's Project 1.6, but the 1.2 (bar?) rating was there, so all is good. It was blistering hot today in Fresno. Took it driving around town (mostly stop and go driving). All I have to say is so far so good. When I first cleaned out the plug for the coolant temp sensor, it worked fine, only until the next day! Only time will tell. I'll keep ya posted.

</font>

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
I love the old threads with no join date, location, etc. Some of them don't even have user names.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts