SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to learn as much as I can--as fast as I can about the sr20de engine. I don't understand the difference from high and low port and how to tell which I have. I understand I have the worse of the 2 since my car is newer than the 91 and 92. Which do I have and are they swappable/worth swapping--or is porting the head I have a better option?

thanks for your help

Mark

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by massclassic:
I am trying to learn as much as I can--as fast as I can about the sr20de engine. I don't understand the difference from high and low port and how to tell which I have. I understand I have the worse of the 2 since my car is newer than the 91 and 92. Which do I have and are they swappable/worth swapping--or is porting the head I have a better option?

thanks for your help

Mark

</font>
You have a high-port. Low-port SR20DE's showed up on the '94 Sentra SE-R and '94 G20. You can go search through http://www.se-r.net for photos showing the difference between the high-port and low-port motors. Bascially the high-port motor would have the throttle body placed low and close to the firewall (the injectors would be on top.) On the low-port, the throttle body would be mounted up high with the intake ports going downward before going through the cylinder head.

The main difference between the '91-'92 and a '93 is mainly cosmetic. The engines did not change (cams are the same as well.)

I'm too darn tired from typing, so I suggest you check out se-r.net for all the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts