SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My NX scraped like crazy today when I turned into a driveway to turn the other way around.

Does anybody else who has lowered springs on their NX have this problem?

My car is so low that when I brought my car to the dealership they couldn't even put whatever you call it underneath my car to jack the car up. I had to help my buddy who works there lift the car up kinda to get it in there. Heh.

Maybe my suspension's just shot. I'm not really sure.
------------------
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R
nnnyeah.com

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
do you have the stock struts on? lowering spring will **** the oem struts. put some kyb agx adjustables on there and see how it rides. depending on your springs, it still may scrape. but if ur running stock struts, get rid of em!

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I have a 2" drop on my NX and it used to scrape if I drove acrose funny angled driveways and what not when I had my 16" wheels on. But since I had my 17" no problems.
btw the 16" I had were the same hight as the stock set up, they were a 205/40/16 tire.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
i have a 2 inch drop on my nx also. i have 17 inch wheels with 205/40/17's on them. even before when i had my stock struts on, i never scraped. just dont take yourself up enormous driveways. know your nx's limits!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think my NX has a two inch drop, too.

I'm not really exactly sure of the exact suspension specs because I already bought the car lowered. I think the suspension has Tokico Blues but I think they're just exact replacements for stocks.

I guess it's time for AGXs.

My NX is so low. I put a 1.9" drop on my 200 SE-R and it's nowhere as low as my NX is.

------------------
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R
nnnyeah.com

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Hey Jerome!

The setup is Tokico Struts (blue) all four corners and Jamex lowering springs. That set up was installed originally back in 1996 I think. Then I replaced the Tokicos again a few years later. I think the receipts are in the folder.

The car already had a lower stock ride than the SE-R, so it was quite a drastic drop with this setup.

You might want to consider replacing the springs when you do the struts so it is a consistent upgrade. The Jamex are the original lowering springs I had installed back then.

Have you gone to the track lately? Beat the 15.5 yet? Just wonderin'

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts