SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I know a similar topic appeared recently, but I didn't see any satisfactory answers.

Does anyone know of a way to lower the seats in a classic by putting in different brackets, etc.?
I'm 6'1" and my sunroof's "outer lip" rubs against my head.
Thanks

G

·
Man you must be all torso. I am 6'4 and have plenty of headroom in my classic. I think the seats are plenty low and the door sills feel high compared to other cars.

Have any legs?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
Man you must be all torso. I am 6'4 and have plenty of headroom in my classic. I think the seats are plenty low and the door sills feel high compared to other cars.

Have any legs?
</font>
I do have a somewhat long torso, but no, my legs aren't short either. I think the problem might lie in the fact that it's an aftermarket moonroof. It cuts into the headroom, before it was no problem. I agree, it has more headroom than most cars stock.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RED 91 SE-R:
Hey,
I know a similar topic appeared recently, but I didn't see any satisfactory answers.

Does anyone know of a way to lower the seats in a classic by putting in different brackets, etc.?
I'm 6'1" and my sunroof's "outer lip" rubs against my head.
Thanks
</font>
Yes, you have ot get NX2000 seats and swap the brackets. NX2000 seats sit lower than the classic ir 200SX.
I am still looking for classic seats to see if they bolt to the frame of the bracket like NX2000. Otherwise NX2000 seats are the ones to get.

·
too many toys
386 Posts
I was thinking about this too, as I'm 6'5" and it would be nice to have a little more head or leg room (even though I still manage to fit in the car with a helmet on).

Would any aftermarket sport seats (recaro, etc) be any better, maybe if a custom bracket was made?

I would not mind loosing the ability to slide the seat forward or backward, as long as it could recline.

Aaron

·
XE-R Overweight
125 Posts
Yeah, I tried to think of a way to lower it, cause Im 6'1" and my head always rubs, and I dont have a sun roof. But I think its not the leg or torso problem so much, I just got a big ass, hahaha.

There is no way I will be able to Road Race in this car unless I can lower AT LEAST and inch so I can have a helmet on AND be able to look straight.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
I am still looking for classic seats to see if they bolt to the frame of the bracket like NX2000. </font>
Yup, bolt right in. I've got Classic seats in my NX with the Classic brakets. Nick E has Classic seats with NX brakets in his NX and the difference is suprising. His sits much lower than mine.

Blair

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blair:
Yup, bolt right in. I've got Classic seats in my NX with the Classic brakets. Nick E has Classic seats with NX brakets in his NX and the difference is suprising. His sits much lower than mine.

Blair

</font>
Thank you and lease have Nick E e-mail me personally.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blair:

Blair

</font>
Awesome!
So if I understand you correctly I just need to swap the Classic brackets for the NX brackets and I can still use the Classic seat, right?
And the seat will bolt in properly and slide like before, too?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to bring an old thread back, but.....

So has anyone done this, yet?
Does it work for sure?
And if so what are the part #s I need for my 91 SeR?
TIA

·
too many toys
386 Posts
RED 91 SE-R said:
Sorry to bring an old thread back, but.....

So has anyone done this, yet?
Does it work for sure?
And if so what are the part #s I need for my 91 SeR?
TIA
I would be interested too. If i can simply replace the sentra brackets with the nx brackets (no modifications?), and still use my sentra seats, that would be awesome!

Aaron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts