SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have R1 coilovers and my B13 handles like $h!t. I blow out my front struts even when they are raisesd as high as they go. But the I don't know if lowering springs will handle any better... I need info......

2nd Runner

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
2nd Runner said:
I have R1 coilovers and my B13 handles like $h!t. I blow out my front struts even when they are raisesd as high as they go. But the I don't know if lowering springs will handle any better... I need info......
Get your car aligned first.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It all depends on the spring rates, if your rates are high , then most struts wont be able to take the abuse , springs will do the same thing if the rates are high, most aftermarket springs are pretty soft though , look into a good rate spring for your coilovers and with a good strut you should be better , what do you have right now , spring rates? struts ?

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
If your stock shocks are already blown, then I'd invest in a good set of coil overs. I'm going to be installing the Tein coil overs as soon as I get a lil more money. Almost there but not quite. I have GAB adjustables now with lowering springs and the ride is decent, but I can still bottom it out on occasion if I manage to find a good enough bump or high speed dip. My current set-up handles well enough for daily driving and spirited curvy road runs, just watch for the potholes and such.

You're not the first to complain about the ride quality of the R1 coil overs. A friend of mine has them and he either bottoms out like crazy or just ends up being too stiff for the roads he rides on. A shortened strut set-up will give you the ride quality you desire, the tightness in the corners, and the drop that every enthusiast looks for.

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the time I have new KYB non adjustable struts, and I got an alignment hours after installing them.
My turns when to crap! On the stock springs I could take a corner sharply and quickly now the rear kinda drags. My 1/4 mile launch is better but I'd rather have a good ride and my turns...
TIEN? I thought tien did not offer a coilover for the b13?

Thanks for all your input anymore is greatly appreciated...

·
Captain Slow
149 Posts
2nd Runner said:

2nd Runner
Give your R1's the float test. They're not worth keeping, no matter how good a damper set you put on them. Take a quick trip over to the Suspension & Brakes section of NissanForums.com, and take a quick look at the stickys up top. They won't give you specific brands (actually, they do, now that I think about it), but they'll tell you exactly what you need to be looking for, and what you need to avoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts