SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 200sx se-r just wanna give it a small drop mayb an inch. should i go with the springs or coilovers and wat brand. ne opinions would be helpful. also lookin for a nice turbo set up right now i got the uk sr20 de with the g20 ecu.

·
Registered
876 Posts
exactly like Cujo_se-r said. This subject has been discussed a lot on the forum. Try to option "search" it's really useful and you'll have the opinion of the people who tested different setups too. :D

·
SR20DE Rocks
842 Posts
Tein S tech

ifound6dollars said:
i have a 96 200sx se-r just wanna give it a small drop mayb an inch. should i go with the springs or coilovers and wat brand. ne opinions would be helpful. also lookin for a nice turbo set up right now i got the uk sr20 de with the g20 ecu.
tein S tech is the best spring for a buck in my opinion. If you notice the 200sx does not have an equal height. the front is way higher than the back. Tein has the drop of 2.4 front and 1.1 at the back which I find perfect. Or you could go with GC coilovers. Its up to you.

·
I hurt tires
403 Posts
First, in regards to what prepsx told you, I would not go with the tien S-tech springs at all, the drop is way to much. You will be sitting on the bumpstops all day long.

If your looking for only an inch drop then get hyperco springs with KYB AGX struts. Or you can hit up steve(98sr20ve) for some shortend Koni's. If you want to go lower your best bet is a full coilover setup, or something with shortend struts. I've heard good things about the Tien setup and you can also run ground control coilovers on shortend struts. Also, for B14's it is a good idea to get rear strut mounts from Motivational Engineering.

The last thing I want to say is that out of all things to NOT go cheap on when modding an SE-R, it's the suspension. Search out you options first and don't just buy whats cheap, you will regret it later. Hope that helps.

Andrew

·
1.6 3/25/06 VE 7/11/06
2,276 Posts
you live in Chi-town so if this is a daily driver i say go with coilovers, if you drive your car in the winter a set of coilovers will be great so you can have you car at stock height for the winter, then lower it for spring and summer. i used ebay coilovers for 2 years around stock height in the winter and slammed in the summer, worked great and never needed an alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts