SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just doodled this up and I wanted to share because it seems to be questioned often and answered with mixed opinions and shoddy descriptions at best. I drew up this lowport vacuum diagram after reading the FSM for a bit and looking at pictures of how to vacuum routing is hooked up on the DETs.

Evap system prospective:

If anyone has anything to add or change let me know. But to my knowledge this is how the canister and egr solenoid valve vacuum lines should be hooked up for it to work properly.

DET vacuum diagram for reference (you can see the big canister line need to have a check valve on it):

Mike

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
cool. this should be a sticky!
by the way, where can I get a check valve? will any regular auto parts carry it? i'm pretty sure this is the way i routed my lines on the VE-T, but I'm gonna double check. thanks!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have check valves in the !help! Section at most auto stores but.. the diamiter is usually wrong (so far as I have found.) I found these Viton check valves on E-bay they are 3.5mm or @ .137" (1/8ish). Now if you can find something like those in @ 1/4" (the size of the big canister line) you will be all set just let me know if you find some ;).

Mike

·
Registered
425 Posts
where did you get those diagrams?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first two were from my fsm pdf and other is a screen shot from a Nissan FAST diagram.

Mike

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
Much better!

Now fix the second pic. :squint:

C

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Done :) Does anyone have anything to add or change?

The only thing I'm not %100 on is the blue line (#7) in top picture. I know it will work correctly if your NA (egr removal) but I'm not sure how it will work if it's FI (egr removal + turbo).

The FSM states it should see vac under certain conditions eg. "When the throttle vacuum rises the purge valve opens and vapor is sucked through both main purge and constant purge lines." Now the main purge line is partially controlled by the vac from the blue line and a signal from the ecu to open the solenoid. Will the solenoid not open if it doesn't see vac from the blue line?

Mike

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
nice work mike..cant wait till u hit boost on that p10

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure the big hose going to the can is 1/4"id. The small hose is 1/8" id.

Mike

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Question pertaining to this guide...

Being that I have a '98, could you provide some insight as to how vacuum should be run on me DE+T with the EGR removed?

I'm STILL troubleshooting my low vacuum issue, and was instructed to just rip everything out and re-run my lines, but there's gotta be a good 15~20ft. of vacuum line all over the damn bay. I counted at least 4 different three way solenoids in the bay.

I'm also told that I should remove the BPT as well, which is fine, but I need a vacuum diagram that's pretty straight forward, and something to keep from throwing a CEL so I don't fail miserably at the inspection station.

TIA.

EDIT: Also didn't know that my year car didn't come with carbon canister? Or is it supposed to and it's missing? :rofl:

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98 are special. Unfortunately I don't have to much insight for you.

When I boosted my 98 I dropped a BB det into it. That took care of most of the vacuum issues for the intake manifold and so on. My carbon canister was left in the engine bay and all I really did was plug the vacuum line coming off of it... Problem solved for me ;)

You car should have a canister. It would be under the master cylinder or near where the heater hoses come off the firewall.

Now you should be able to remove all the egr related crap using the diagram I posted. Leave the egr vacuum solenoid connected and rout the two (green & blue) lines to the intake pipe thats between the maf and turbo. This will cause both of them to see vacuum and in turn that will evacuate the fumes from the carbon canister like it was designed to do. (this will also help the polar bears out a little :))

Mike

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
LOL! Thanks for the information, Mike. Unfortunately, my car doesn't have a carbon canister. It also doesn't show it in the FSM for the 98 SE-R I have downloaded, or on the vacuum diagram pasted under the hood.

That being said, really there's no way to route vac lines pre-turbo to evacuate the carbon canister, because there isn't one :)

Guess I need to look into this a bit further, and see how I can do this. Thanks again.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
LOL! Thanks for the information, Mike. Unfortunately, my car doesn't have a carbon canister. It also doesn't show it in the FSM for the 98 SE-R I have downloaded, or on the vacuum diagram pasted under the hood.

That being said, really there's no way to route vac lines pre-turbo to evacuate the carbon canister, because there isn't one :)

Guess I need to look into this a bit further, and see how I can do this. Thanks again.
IIRC there is a smaller canister near the gas tank on the 98's? I could be wrong...just a thought.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
IIRC there is a smaller canister near the gas tank on the 98's? I could be wrong...just a thought.
I believe you're right. There's an evap canister located in the rear of the vehicle, which I guess is also the charcoal canister.

·
SR20DE+T FTFW!!!
101 Posts
Quick question about all this guys where should we be teeing into to tap in for boost/vac gauges on a low port sr20de+t with the egr delete? I have two boost gauges and then I need to know where I should tee into for the blowoff valve also? I've heard a bunch of different things and I'm still iffy on where they should all go. Thanks in advance guys.

Josh

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
After the throttle body, the blue hose. That's where everything goes(bov, fpr, boost / vac gauge). The wastgate too, just needs to see boost though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts