SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these slicks require Tubes? And when you run them initially, do you need to do a burn out with them? I've been hearing two different things.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
My buddy uses them on his Honda. Don't use Tubes, cause you won't get a good footprint. The only part of the tire that will make contact is the shape of the tube. He made that same mistake, and a couple inches of tire wasn't even making contact. He does small burnouts on them, to get them alittle sticky and to clean them off. Btw his car is NA and runs 8.3 with 1.8 60 fts.(1/8th mile)

·
Registered
803 Posts
According to MT website, FWD generally can't hold a sufficient burnout to warm the slicks properly. IF you don't get 'em hot enough they just become greasy. The two FWD friends I have just jack the parking brake and keep it in first gear, that'll get them hot enough.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Yes...don't get the tubes, Mike. As long as you have a good wheel that can hold the seal...you should be just fine. I have some 13x7 VPDs on their way, come to think about it. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
Does anyone know if these slicks require Tubes? And when you run them initially, do you need to do a burn out with them? I've been hearing two different things.
WHy are u gonna put slicks on a Sentra? silly ricer =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
Maybe cuz its the DRAG RACING forum silly NOOB.

Um, what are tubes...sry. New to the whole slicks gig. Lookin to get some in the summer :D
Thanks fur da info! Anyways. Mike u dont need slicks on a Sentra silly ricer!Im gonna bring u some stickers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
definatly get some slicks. no wheel hop, saves the trans case. it sucks when that breaks at the track 55 miles away. no tubes needed until you get BIG horsepower and wrinkle wall slicks. then you screw the slicks to the wheels and tubes inside, so the wheel doesn't spin in slick, break the bead and go flat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
Again...wtf are you posting for? :rolleyes:
Mister please quit are you that bored. I am talking to Mike not U. If you want me to reply to your threads I can also. I also see you have a name like his except your car goes vroooooom! My car goes burble burble burble.

·
master of nothing
2,231 Posts
well mike we ran 22x8x15 and were crossing the 1/4 at the end of 4 gear at 15psi. Around 115mph or so.So I now have 24.5x8x15. 22in were pretty good on the street but bewere of moster torque steer.We ran 12-15psi on the track and around 22psi on the street

1 - 13 of 13 Posts