SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i dont know if this has ever been posted but i thought i might share my lil discovery today..you can use the air horn from the stock air box as an adapter for a cone filter....the filter will slip into the air horn with a little finess...you just have to drill out the two pop rivets holding the air horn on the air box...and reuse the stock bolts..and violia.. :D

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
TOOQIKK said:
hey i dont know if this has ever been posted but i thought i might share my lil discovery today..you can use the air horn from the stock air box as an adapter for a cone filter....the filter will slip into the air horn with a little finess...you just have to drill out the two pop rivets holding the air horn on the air box...and reuse the stock bolts..and violia.. :D
I noticed that when I made the Home made Ghetto Air box trick on my dads
1.6 E. I figured we could make it work like you did but just opted a lil easier way out, and we had no cone filter :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig, the king of the ghetto mods, has advocated the airbox airhorn trick for a long time now.

I made my own maf adapter out of lexan because I wanted to keep my airbox the way it was for emissions testing.

-patchy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts