SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Just wondering because I tried to do some sort of ghetto style coupling off of the throttle body to the MAF thing with a filter and the thing would not idle...thanks for all input

·
Registered
727 Posts
What did you do with the intake and crankcase breather hoses and the little vacuum hose that originally ran into the stock rubber piece? I know that if the lower hose is not connected or getting the right amount of breathing room, it wont idle for ****. Thats from experience,

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
AFAIK, the MAF can be as far from the TB as it needs to be...i believe someone moved the MAF collar to the hole in the fender for a custom CAI.

like ProjectSE-R said, just keep everything in between the MAF and the TB completely airtight...no leaks or holes, because then the engine won't know exactly how much air its taking in.

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey Nismo, I think he put the MAF close to the TB and eliminated the black rubber hose alltogether. At least I think I read it like that. Im just wondering what happened or how he re-routed the 3 hoses that went to the factory air hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts