SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does rotating the MAF 180° actually increase hp/torque? Does it benefit only CAI, or will a JWT POP/K&N on the MAF also benefit?

Bman, lookin' for the free and easy power.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it inproves flow, but you have to have the pr cai, or the hotshot cai to do it.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, ok, I thought that there was a small blockage where the actual sensor is, but when turned around there was nothing. oh well, everybody is wrong every once and a while :) (this was just something I have heard, but not a solid fact anyways)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Thereis a hole for the air to go through and a small blockage, which is the actual sensor. Rotating the maf does not change anything, because your just spinning a circle. Now if you flipped it over, that would be changing things, but the sensor wouldn't be facing the airflow, which I would guess could cause problems.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Look, you can fiddle with the MAF all you want and you won't gain anything, except maybe a loose harness connection. You want free and cheap HP, advance your ignition timming.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timing's already at 17°. I've seen several rotated MAF's with CAI's, and am just curious.

Something to ponder, though: If you orient the MAF in such a way as to place the portal on the outside of the bend, the air should be moving slightly faster than the air on the inside of the bend(sensor). The difference is slight, but there. Fluid dynamics at work, but to what gain? Oh well, the things I ponder.....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well the only way to find out would be from back to back dyno testing. I might work. If it does then I will be more than willing to admit that I was wrong.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is why I ponder out loud to the group....good discussion and good points.

I don't care who's right or wrong, I just want the truth.

Interesting how precious something becomes when in it is short supply.....

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
soooooooooo, WHAT would happen if we RAMMED the air in? Increase in HP?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts