SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I can spell you.....
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't seem to find my answer.

Are the maf's from b13's, b14's (SE-L's), and g20's the same? I've been told nx2000 are different but what about these others? and the 2.0 and 1.6 have different maf's right?

Basically, I may have to get a used maf, just wondering what my options are b/c 200sx ones don't pop up as often, esp 2.0L. I don't want to call Nissan, b/c the parts may have different numbers even though it's the same part.

Thanks!

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
OBD-I MAFs and OBD-II MAFs are different. Having said that, you'll have to look for a B14 MAF for your car. I know they sort of switched to OBD-II a little later in Canada compared to the U.S., so just make sure its a B14 and you'll be set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What about the cobra maf for sale on jgycustoms.com; can this one be used on a U13 BB sr20det [fwd] when swapped into a 98 200sx 5spd [using the se-r tranny]?

Just wanna know whether it also fits my application...

Also, besides having a bigger opening and being able to handle more air, what are its benefits?

Thanks...Curtis

·
Registered
947 Posts
I beleive you need your ECU programed for the cobra MAF (or the 300zx one) via JWT ECU or SAFC or probably the other EMS out there. You would need a bigger MAF for higher HP goals, I think the stock MAF can't handle enough voltage for more than 230hp (not 100% sure on that)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts