SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I regrounded my MAF. Before the reground it was reading .018 volts. After the reground .001 volts. However I don't see any difference in the way it drives or idles. What should the difference be? If I unplug the new ground wire while it is running it makes no difference in the way it idles. Is this a change that the ECU has to figure out? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I did this so called mod and found it to be a big fat fluke. At least for my SR20DE. My car ran like butt afterwards. So I left it alone.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
I did this so called mod and found it to be a big fat fluke. At least for my SR20DE. My car ran like butt afterwards. So I left it alone.
That's because Nissan recalibrated (or "fixed") the MAF sensor ground after '93, so that regrounding would not be an issue. Also, did you have a DVM on hand to check voltage before and after? Sometimes, the reground itself is just as bad as the original ground... Heh.

Keithert: Sometimes the changes are subtle, and sometimes the changes are noticeable. Typically, an increase in gas mileage can be seen, as well as improved driveability (car not running rich, idle more stable, etc.). It helped a great deal for my NX. Could be that your car is an auto tranny, and that's probably why you're not feeling any difference (if any at all)... But that's just me talking out of my @$$, so take that with a grain of salt.

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
RollcageSR20 said:

That's because Nissan recalibrated (or "fixed") the MAF sensor ground after '93, so that regrounding would not be an issue. Also, did you have a DVM on hand to check voltage before and after? Sometimes, the reground itself is just as bad as the original ground... Heh.

--Andrew Phan
Is that right?!! Well, no wonder!!! I think we have people with 2000 SEs trying to do Maf regroundings!! :eek:
LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts