SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..I remember reading about this somewhere before..but its happened...I changed my oil today and for some reason when putting the old oil in the containers of the new oil..I only managed to fill two of them? The car is a 96 with about 76,000...The only difference in driving was on this change I drove back home to WA..so there were two days of non stop 80mph..(sometimes more..he,he,he) driving for about 9.5 hours. Maybe this could have something to with it? Wierd thing is I checked my dipstick before I left to WA...everytime I got gas on the way up...Before I drove back here to Cali...and while getting gas on the way down..oil level was fine..Any Ideas?

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (stock)

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
Hey Guys..I remember reading about this somewhere before..but its happened...I changed my oil today and for some reason when putting the old oil in the containers of the new oil..I only managed to fill two of them? The car is a 96 with about 76,000...The only difference in driving was on this change I drove back home to WA..so there were two days of non stop 80mph..(sometimes more..he,he,he) driving for about 9.5 hours. Maybe this could have something to with it? Wierd thing is I checked my dipstick before I left to WA...everytime I got gas on the way up...Before I drove back here to Cali...and while getting gas on the way down..oil level was fine..Any Ideas?

</font>
Try an oil flush with STP motor flush. It is probally still left in the oil pan. Also remember the oil filter can hold about 1/2 quart oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts