SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my magnacore wires in. Decided to get those instead of the OEM because they're supposed to be good for life. Anyways on to my question. I received 5 wires in the box, 4 spark plug wires and one short one that I have no clue where it should go. Where does this wire go???? Thanks
GT

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
That's the coil wire, which connects your ignition coil to something that I forgot (not entirely sober right now). Without that wire, don't expect the car to start. You'll know which one it is when you look at your distributor region.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was out there for about 15 minutes looking for a wire to replace. I looked around the region by the distributor cap but see no comprable wire. Any one have a picture that will guide me? Thanks again.
GT

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts

See that little red thing in between the distributor cap and the intake pipe? That's the coil wire.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
Here's another shot just like Harris posted... If you would look just to the right of the distributor; You will see a wire with a red boot. That's the one you are looking for.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to keep bugging you, but is that strictly a classic wire? I don't remember seeing that wire on my distributor cap. Maybe I'm blind. I'll go check again.
GT

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You don't have it. I have the same wire left over on my 98. I've had the wires for over a year, and it runs fine without it.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
So what goes in place of the coil wire on the '98s?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I didn't feel any difference at all when i put mine on. That was just me though. I've heard it's better to just get stock ones, but i didn't know that when I originally purchased mine. Oh well I was still a newbie then, and only had the car for a week when i did the tune-up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No difference at all. Just cool looking red wires. I bought them because they are supposed to last for the life of the car. I don't see any difference between the magnacores and the OEMs, just cosmetic and cost.
GT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts